I propose an alliance

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Levity, Aug 7, 2012.

1. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

So now you are trying to create a debate.

2. WM

WM Active Member

I can say this with certainty, there is a lot of misconceptions about posters from both sides. The 8th Maxim isn't filled with old coots who play shuffleboard at the center while they text about how Bruce Pearl is the anti-Christ and FL98 isn't this 4-chan like board full of hackers and degenerates. As I have said before I think it's the VQ/VN barrier that makes these two boards so foreign to one another.
    GBO..

3. Levity

Levity New Member

His show cause was administered because he lied. If you really want to call a cookout cheating, then be my guest.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I like our site. I don't wanna have to learn a bunch of new names. I like the people here. How's the old saying go? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

5. Levity

Levity New Member

I can assure you with certainty no one on fl98 actually believes that.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Well, lying to the NCAA while saying your the last honest coach in America does reflect pretty poorly on you.

Oh, and "bumping" into a recruit what, two days after his tearful apology didn't help him either.

Pearl was slimy and bent a lot of rules.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Unless I've missed something, you've said nothing other than wanting people from here to join fl98 or promoting the podcast there. People here know about the site. If people want to join there, they will. Surely you see what I'm getting at.

8. Levity

Levity New Member

Okay.

9. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Great work creating a debate...

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

He then had a bump violation that he didn't report, just a few days after that pathetic, tearful press conference.

11. Levity

Levity New Member

What Pearl did, "cheating" wise, was child's play compared to what every single other coach does in college basketball. The NCAA investigated us for months and could find nothing other than the cookout and the bump (which Saban does on the regular). Pearl was a liar, sure, but to hate him because he "cheated" is laughable.

12. Levity

Levity New Member

Extremely, extremely minor.

You seem like a sensible fellow, so you'd surely know about how dirty basketball recruiting is (with AAU teams, particularly). The NCAA could find nothing past the cookout and a bump. That's it.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

then why lie and attempt to find conspirators? It started out relatively innocuous, but because of CBPs history he was forced to try and cover.

It is what it is and isn't changing. The guy won a lot of ballgames for UT and I appreciate the hell out of him for it. Nonetheless, he crapped in his own bed.

14. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Keep it up, maybe this will lead to a fantastic podcast that nobody cares about.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

oversimplifying this helps you justify it and that's fine. When has the debate ever been about this silly ass point that "everyone else does it and even more?"

16. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

truth.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

stop it. let him get his hopes up.

18. Levity

Levity New Member

I agree that he crapped his own bed, and hell if I know why he lied. But again, the NCAA was here for months investigating Pearl and could find nothing on him. The dude was clean. A liar, but clean recruiting-wise.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

FYP.

The timing of the incident coupled with his omission in reporting revealed him to be a fraud and a dumbass.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

See what I mean?