@LSU 2/23/2019

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We played good D on the big kid. Their pg being out meant little for what they got out of the position. Backups kills us

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yes, LSU playing with their best 5 instead of their best 4 would have hardly made a difference.

Get a grip, people.

BigOrangeBeech likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

When the backup acores 30, it hardly matters. Backup scores 4 and its a factor. Starter was 1-10 or something like that from 3 last game vs UF.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

“Best 5” isn’t a static thing. If the dude who replaced him goes for 30, it’s not a guarantee the normal starter would have been better.

If you would have told them before the game that Reid would shoot 0-9 from the field, but his backup, if started, would score 20, they probably would have benched their second best player too.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Except Smart isn't a backup. He plays 29 minutes a game and averages double digits.

Try again.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is he normally their primary ball handler?

Was he their primary ball handler today?

Did he score a high percentage of his points off of drives to the basket while handling the ball and shooting FT’s on similar drives that resulted in fouls?

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Goodness you are dense. So him not being the primary ball handler means he wouldn't have gotten a similar number of chances with the hot hand had Waters played.

This is pointless.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

24-3

hohenfelsvol and chavisut like this.
  9. Ssmiff

the kid had the game of his life and we allowed several of them with the same mental error along, and Kyle shoved out of the way with ease. I don't even know what the debate is. They got 29 pts and 44 minutes from the pg position. Its purely hypothetical to say they would have been better this particular game, or worse, with the way it worked out, but 29/5/5 is hard to top from the pg position. Smart and the sick kid combined for 13 vs UF as Smart only put up 3 or 4 shots as a 2 guard. Puts up 22 shots today. Send him left and he probably has 10 fewer shots. That's on the staff and players.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've seen your "Butch, please" shirt

OneForVol likes this.
  11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Someone said that Nova lost 3 last February.

If this were football I’d be super depressed right now, but it’s not.

I also spent the last 4 hours at a beer festival so that might play a part.

OneForVol and justingroves like this.
  12. Ssmiff

last 3 games we are averaging about half the assists as in all our W's. Corresponds with Turner/Bowden going 1-19 from 3 vs LSU and Ky. Length bothers and when you think it doesn't it makes you rush anyway

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t claim to be clairvoyant, but yeah, my guess is that if Waters had played, they wouldn’t have been pushing the ball into the hands of the season 36% shooter nearly as much as they did.

In fact, if we want to base it on the numbers, a more realistic outcome is that they both score their season averages, combine for 25 points, and lose the game.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You take that back or we aren't friends no more.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

That last shot though.

Call a time out. Get 2 the ball.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Will Wade definitely wouldn't be pushing the ball into the hands of the hot player. Keep 'em coming.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

UT has a lot to fix when playing the better teams. Only thing that matters right now. Do that, UT is back to playing great ball. Continue getting pushed around in the paint, not a good outlook.

chavisut likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

will wade is too flimsy and hip thrusty for my taste. Got a little Jerry Green body language in him mixed with Chas Bono

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

We’ve got to get meaner, especially if they’re going to let them play.

Meaner. Attacking.

OneForVol likes this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I definitely think he would’ve had the ball in his hands less if waters had played. Not to say waters wouldn’t have have put up 40. I think it’s fair to say, though, that they got plenty of production from that spot, whoever was playing it