Miss St.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Oct 1, 2012.

1. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

If we can match our effort against UGA, Tennessee wins. I think it happens. Tennessee 44, Miss St 32. Bray connects for a huge TD to put it of reach in the last five minutes.

2. The Sabanocchio

The Sabanocchio The real OCI

No, but we've proven we can hang with UGA. And who here thinks MSU is anywhere near as good as UGA?

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'd like to see it for more than one game before I start saying UT has turned a corner

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Georgia could have buried Tennessee by halftime. If they don't self-destruct in the final 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter, our moral victory is a 30-point loss. Unfortunately, this Mississippi State team doesn't shoot themselves in the foot.

Mississippi State leads the nation in turnover margin, Tennessee can't get a defensive stop, and playing on the road makes it that much more challenging. I expect a loss.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am not sold on our offense. We were given the ball inside field goal range like 3 times. The D contributed a pick 6. We had a million possessions due to UGA scoring quick on big plays.

6. The Sabanocchio

Bray has to play better. There's no doubt. Can't turn the ball over.

7. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Is this the Miss St. ya'll are talking about?

[​IMG]

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Who has Tennessee beat?

9. The Sabanocchio

I think it's gotten to the point to where fans are actually rooting against Tennessee because they want Dooley fired. I think that's sad.

10. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I give Mullen the coaching edge for sure. However, if and I stress if, we sustain offensive drives and limit the busts on defense, then TN has a shot.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I can't believe we have to have a discussion about whether or not we will beat Miss. State. I hate you Fulmer/Kiffin/Hamilton/Dooley/Carroll/Del Rio. Now I'm depressed.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

[​IMG]

What's truly sad is the fact that we have to debate whether or not we can beat MS St.

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Always darkest before the dawn. Gruden leading Vols through the T will make it all worth while.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, just looking at his record against ranked teams and his record on the road. Throw in msu's unorthodox o and Tennessee's inability to tackle and I believe it's a bad loss

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

That means [penis].

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This. UGA played like shit and still managed to run for over 300 yards on us.

GBFO doe.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I have a feeling that that was Georgia's what the **** game. MSU might beat us by a 14+

18. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Alabama is likely to make Georgia think "WTF" in the SEC championship game.

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That's definitely happening.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We don't have anyone that can execute the onside kick. Palardy will hit it out of bounds.