Miss St.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

A lot of people questioned how he would handle playing legit SEC teams I wanted to see what he would do as well. So far his 4th quarter performances are litter with bad decisions.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think this team is better than last year. I'm not saying they are up to standard, but they are better. They appear to be able to adequately run the football. The defense is atrocious, but State hasn't exactly been running the score up on people. State is good, but they are nowhere near Florida and Georgia talent wise. I don't think we are a lock to win by any stretch of the imagination, nor do I think we can blow State out, but this is a winnable game. We may very well lose, but I'm not writing it off as a loss just yet.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Spent a solid 2 hours talking over strategy at the Athens Waffle House, IMO.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

LWSCardinalVol, imo.

SetVol13 likes this.
  5. Beechervol

Im not writing it off as a loss either. Our running game last week changed my mind some on that. UT has to be even more balanced and hader to stop considering where the D is.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Oh snap

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

VFJ is an equal opportunity man of put-downs.

8. Beechervol

Ha Ha Ha!

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee leads by 3 to start the 3rd quarter. First possession, 5 plays and a punt. MSU gets a FG.

Next TN possession, Neal fumbles and MSU recovers. They score a TD quickly. MSU leads by 7.

Next TN possession, long go pattern incomplete. Screen, loses 3. Quick Slant, gains 8. Punt and MSU scores another TD. 14 point MSU lead.

Next TN possession, pickup a first down with a pass on second down. Then, one running play for minus 3 and two incompletions. Punt and MSU kicks another FG. 17 point MSU lead.

Next TN possession, frantic throws eventually land complete and Tennessee scores with 4 minutes remaining. 10 point MSU lead.

Onside kick is recovered by MSU and the run out the clock.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012