Miss St.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Oct 1, 2012.

1. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

UT will rape their defense is Cheney calls a decent game.

2. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

We can't score enough to counter the bad D we have. Mullen will have a field day scheming it. Missy has a physical D. TB will have his happy feet gliding backwards. More picks on the way.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I dunno. It looks like the only half decent offense they've played, Troy, went wild on their D. Troy recently put up a whopping 14 points about 200 less total yards against a horrible North Texas team.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  4. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

110% correct

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Your feeble attempts at thinking are what's sad.

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

That may be true, but I don't care.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Some true heroes take sacrifices for the greater good. Cowards are the type who will enjoy a momentary happiness over what's right and just. You sir are are as American as Fidel Castro.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's done that once in 27 games

9. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

As big as this game is for Dooley, it is a pretty big game for Mullen. Beat TN and you head into the Alabama game 7-0 a week after the 3rd massacre in October. 9PM Est start on the deuce with State fans pretty liquored up and the cow bells ringing. This just screams Miss St having a statement game. Only real thing in Tennessee's favor is the bye week, but obviously, they have a lot more problems than the bye week can solve.

However, I just can get a good grasp on the thought of Miss St being a team that is going to just mop the floor with Tennessee.

I do think that Bray will get picked 2-3 times in this game. Miss St secondary is pretty darn good.

10. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I think Miss St is a decent team for sure but nothing special. Even with our coaching woes I find it difficult (not hard) to see us losing this game. We have plenty of offensive power to hang with most teams (when they don't give up) and we have a bye week to work on some defensive schemes. I just don't think we lose this one.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Still not sold on MSU's defense. They haven't faced a QB 1/10 as good as Bray this season.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'll give you my final opinion after watching them Saturday.

The more I've looked at it, the more I'm not entirely certain their record and defense isn't the by-product of facing four pretty bad teams to date.

It's definitely a winnable game.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

On paper, the Vols should win. I just can't get over Dooley's 2-28 record against ranked teams or his terrible road record.

This team left it all on the field and lost. In Dooley's carer here, they tend to sulk the game after

14. CardinalVol

That's true, but I think the off week may help to offset some of that.

Fair points, just starting to slowly change my mind on how good State really is.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

We should not have any issues scoring points. And we will need em, short of a miracle we are guaranteed to give up 35.

Tyler Bray is the worriesome part to me. Can he step up late in the game and make a play when you have to have it. Can he do that along with not making big mistakes as he did last week.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

How did things go after an off-week last year? Oh right, UGA whoopin'.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know why Bray suffers from QB illiteracy, but he does. He really does. Would rather try and make an amazing throw that he sometimes gets than just throw to the open man.

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Thats another question.

Edit:

Card is correct. We had the bye week, played Buffalo then UGA.
    We still had basically 3 weeks to prepare for UGA and it looked like we spent 3 hours.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  19. CardinalVol

Actually it was a win against Buffalo.

20. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Burn.