Obamacare

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, Jun 28, 2012.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that's an interesting theory. hmm

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That's not quite what I said, but we'll flesh it out. I believe that legal immigration should be extremely simplified, and view immigration as a positive.

I do think if you're willing to come here and follow our laws, then there's a spot here for you to better your life. This is one of the biggest drivers of our economy.

I believe in ending the drug war and our welfare state. This would stop pretty much all of the negatives to allowing this kind of immigration policy. I'd much rather have an individual willing to uproot and make massive moves to improve their lot in life, than the White family in West Virginia living off of tax payers just because they were lucky enough to be born here.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I believe its another failure of huge centralized government being pushed by people that didn't understand or try to understand what they were voting for to be law

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I tend to agree it was more of a "we have to get SOMETHING passed" situation.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Is your plan more simple than this:
    1. If you want to immigrate here, do so legally.
    2. If you do enter legally, you should be allowed to pursue your path to citizenship, unfettered.
    3. If you do not, you should be immediately deported.

My plan is not only simple, but also offers the convenience of being "legal". What's wrong with this plan, exactly?

Can you say the same for yours? See the difference? Because it's an important one.

You do realize that we welcome tens of thousands of legal immigrants each year, don't you?

Isn't entering "illegally", by definition, showing a blatant disregard for our laws? Or, do you mean that illegals should respect some laws, but not others, when it may or may not suit them? No wonder liberals want them here, en masse, hell, it's like they were separated from the DNC at birth.

Also, just to be clear, are you saying that you would prefer that Americans be deported....just not illegal immigrants?

And if you support taking this action against Americans who just, "just happen to be lucky enough to be born here.", what then makes Mexican and Central Americans so much damned more worthy of living here than say, Ethiopians or Sudanese? The only difference between Mexican and Central Americans is that they "just happen to be lucky enough to have been born within walking distance of the U.S." and the Ethiopians and Sudanese were not. can you at least see the irony of your position, if not its many flaws?

And you're the new wunderkind around here? That's a sad indictment.

I'd rather hear Un call me racist, or IP explain how I'm just too stupid to get things, than to wade through this tripe.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My boss at the time said, "at least they're doing SOMETHING"

I asked if that would be the response if she took her car to the shop for a bad fuel pump and they started banging it with sledgehammers

7. MWR

MWR Contributor

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Again, I'm not saying they should just run across the boarder and be American. I'm wanting a process to citizenship, but a streamlined one without all the inefficiency and red tape that is the current model.

One of my roommates in college was a Jamaican. Our country and tax dollars paid for his Masters due to diversity and affirmative action but no American blacks applied for his spot. After all of this investment of time and resources they were going to deport him after college, till he married a fat white woman for four years.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

They wouldn't have deported him if he has chosen a major and profession that American aren't currently supplying. How many nurses from Jamaica are there here? Many many thousands

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If lack of preventive care in this country was really leading to many deaths a year where is the evidence that the aca fixed or even helped this supposed problem?

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's a misconception that printing money automatically leads to inflation. And inflation doesn't necessarily equal poverty either. Personally I'm far more concerned about worldwide deflation.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

When you live above your means as a country and still spend like crazy and don't pay for it through taxes and just print more money instead, you get inflation. It doesn't equal poverty but is basically the tax on money spent without tax collections to pay for it. This hurts the poorest the most and puts more into poverty.

We're already seeing inflation, but demand is low so it hasn't worked through the market. If you start buying raw materials, it's another story though.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It was in economics and business, but if you're going to pay for it because of a stupid quota due to AA. It's pretty damn stupid to just turn around and kick him out.

One of his friends got his PHD in electrical engineering and still had some issues but a lot more companies were willing to help with the process for him.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I agree

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

We need international electrical engineers far more than we need business majors. I'd bet the number of foreign students in ee is many multiples of business majors.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I agree that the value of EE is greater than a MBA, but still a waste of time and resources to just kick him out after making the investment.

Plus he could cook some really amazing jerk chicken and pork.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm not suggesting an ee degree is more valuable than an MBA. I'm saying we have ample American supply for people with mba's. You won't hear me disagree. My school is accepting way too many foreign students. But I agree it's better to keep guys like that here. But most illegal immigrants are hardly MBA grads. I'm fully in favor of loose immigration for college grads.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

no way. who'da thunk it.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Got the numbers for my healthcare plan. So if I want to keep my same plan for next year my premiums go up by $400 a month. $5K!!!!!! Thank you Obama!