Official Predict Tennessee's Final Record 2016 Edition

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It's a very basic 2x2 and 3x1 offense with some amazing talent. Debord actually did help the offense by brining in more gap plays to the offense but it's not ran very well still.

We have a lot of skill and do very little paw, bubble and post and need to do a better job of letting the rocket Doctor run some RPOs with out talent.

A quick slant to TE/H would be nice too

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I certainly wouldn't run hurry up. I looked it up and your plays per game is virtually identical to cal's, a team with a horrific defense and first round qb. that's flat out retarded.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

"Two words: In Fallible"

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You've seen the offensive staff here

5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

The scariest thing about this season is the possibility that we underachieve based on the talent and that Butch gets a monster raise and lifetime contract anyway, which is an incredibly real possibility.

6. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

YPP isn't nearly as important as PPG, that said, last year's offense underachieving because the staff is too damn stubborn to realize Hurd out of traditional sets is nearly unstoppable and we can't hit a single route in stride. I don't know how we scored as much as we did.

7. GahLee

Absolutely. He wins 9 again and it will be a disaster to anyone with a clue but there will still be folks that believe it would be progress.

8. GahLee

I'd run it when it presented itself to be a golden opportunity. We shouldn't run it as a base scheme.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

obviously scoring points is the goal of the offense, but ppg in the era of the hurry up can be misleading because of the extra possessions. it also is misleading because of defensive turnovers, field position, etc. combine a good defense with a hurry up offense and you score a decent amount of points without a very effective offense. ypp is a better metric for offensive efficiency IMO.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if you can recruit at an elite level defensively like tenn, Alabama, lsu, usc etc. there is no reason to run a hurry up offense all the time. you are just helping out the other team by leveling the playing field.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

None of it is more important than W/Ls

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Just silly commentary. Those defensive rankings are stupid. We scored on UF on flukes and trash. NW was which rank? Did you watch? All those points were about the offense?

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

We'll lose a game this year When Doves Cry. Natty Champs! I'm telling you!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  15. JayVols

With all the Diamonds and Pearls type players we have, if we do lose a game, we all will be justified in personally telling Butch, "I Hate U!"

16. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I know this sounds ridiculous but it's hard for me to imagine how I'll be content with this season if we don't win it all. It's weird to say that after all we've been through the past 8 years, but our roster is worthy of a Natty. I just have a feeling that we won't lose a game to a team that is honestly better. Even if Butch can avoid clinching his corn hole in the big moments, our offensive scheme will always be a massive limiting factor.

17. JayVols

If we do win it all, it could usher in a New Power Generation.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I can see you making the playoff. I can't see you winning it with bortch at the helm.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Uh, WRs unproven and QB that can't throw. That little treat goes with the dumbest running game I've ever seen. Defense should be more than good enough.

Lotta ifs on offense to call it disappointment if we lose it all. Those ifs don't even compare to the quality of game coaching that we know for sure we have on hand.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Really shouldn't be that many ifs, though. Dobbs is a senior with plenty of experience. We rotate WRs to an insane degree, meaning they've all gotten PT, too. OL, TEs, and RBs have a ton of experience. Given the number of stars most of these guys had next to their names, that kind of experience should lead to virtually zero question marks this season.