OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Mine covers my 10000 sq foot house. Ill have the butler find out. No idea where it even is

IP likes this.
  2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Orbi out of CostCo. $250 or so, will do you well.

CardinalVol likes this.
  3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah get an Orbi.

CardinalVol likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This was actually the one I was leaning towards. Appreciate it.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It might not change your speed much, but it'll extend your coverage. I got about a 2x increase though on old devices, because when I upgraded, I was using some very old N routers. If you have all newer devices, then you might get a pretty good jump. Mine was more for coverage.

It has a guest network. I enabled mine, and then set the guest network to be my old SSID and password. And then I moved all trusted devices to a new SSID for the family's stuff.

That way, since I've let other people on the wifi, I don't have to change anything for them, the old credentials will work, and then all the devices are separated.

You should probably put your alexas and fire sticks and ring doorbells and play stations and Xbox's and wemos and work computers on the guest WiFi, then have all the trusted computers on the main. It'll keep them a bit more protected. Also when your son becomes a teenager, maybe put his computer on the guest WiFi too. We can talk about virus removal and all that, then.

6. CardinalVol

Yeah, ours is coverage. Currently doesn't extend to his or his sister's room and sometimes the Fire Stick on the TV is spotty. It was one of those things we didn't think about three or so years ago when up bought one.

7. CardinalVol

Wife informed me she's let our Costco lapse until pandemic is over.

That said, likely going with this -

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

5 GHz? Enjoy getting COVID.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. CardinalVol

Um, huh?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

One of the big conspiracies of 2020 around the world was that 5G causes cancer and COVID. The system you linked runs at 5GHz. While there is no connection between 5G (stands for "generation) and 5GHz, conspiracy theorists don't care or know that. Sorry, through work I deal with people who think electromagnetic fields cause cancer, insomnia, headaches, and their wife to snore.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Psssh, it won't interfere with the chip in the vaccine.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Don't tell them that the universe is bathing them in more ambient radiation than those 5G towers! They will have nowhere to run!

13. CardinalVol

That's right.

Sorry, too many conspiracy theories. Currently focusing on Jews and laser beams.

IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm interested in Jews and laser beams. Tell me more.

15. CardinalVol

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

The crazy congress lady from Georgia believed in 2018 that the California forest fires were ignited by "Jewish space lasers." Not sure on the details of whether that means the space lasers were put their by Jewish people, or the space laser itself reads the Torah, or what.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Maybe Jesus was the Jewish space laser?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Luke 17:24

InVolNerable and utvol0427 like this.
  19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Sounds like this is solved.

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex