OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

One of our grandaughters was on a team when she was about that age. I think they stacked stuff, flipped levers and pushed buttons. Not at the top of my grandparent spectator events.

She is working on her Girl Scout Gold project (equivalent to BSA Eagle). Their projects have to be long term, sustainable girl participation vs the boys, build shit and your done. She is trying to set up a Robotics program. (But has a back-up plan if she can't pull it off.)

justingroves likes this.
  2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

gcbvol likes this.
  4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Me either. They can sell the house and keep the change. Sell my Vol stuff on eBay.

gcbvol likes this.
  5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Yeah, our plan is to spend as much as we can without running out too early. Our will basically leaves every niece and nephew the same small $ and my brother a bit more for his role as executor. Rest will go to a few charities. That assumes there is any left. Hopefully, we'll both live long, healthy lives and not leave much behind.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

As someone with two kids, [uck fay] them kids.

NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not expecting an inheritance and I am not planning on giving one. I'd rather help while I am alive than hold back. Family can have the house and whatever else (or liquidate them, I won't care).

Poppa T and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Generational wealth is overrated. Or so, all my not-wealthy friends tell me.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Hopefully I can give my future grandkids an inheritance.

Hopefully they like land and cows.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

My MIL won’t stop spending money she doesn’t have on my wife. I’m pretty sure she’s gonna be living in my house in about 10 years. I wish she’d hold a little back.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I want to leave my oldest enough for him to live and the other 2 can figure it out. Love them just as much but oldest isn’t capable and they will be better off for it.

12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

At least they can set up a zombie-proof compound.

Truthfully, I expect most people that have them (houses/land) are what most people are leaving to their kids/grandkids. Cows are a bonus.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

my mil has no money and a major qvc issue. Then I see a Venmo to my sister in law from my wife where I know where it’s going. Have no issue helping people out if they truly need it and I can, but seems when I try sometimes it’s going to qvc or cartons of cigs or he/she just quit another job after a week.
    I’d also be fine if she lived in the house if she needed to. I just would be living somewhere else.

14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I applaud your philanthropy. We'd be broke-azz old people, or still working, if we factored in all our nieces and nephews.

15. NorrisAlan

Completely different situation and understandable.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

That might be the whole game.

17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

And commendable.

I have colleague (80 yrs old) his wife has passed and their youngest daughter is Special Needs (Downs Syndrom), she lives in a Group Home and works at a local ice cream shop. He has similar estate plans.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I plan to live so irresponsibly that I'm a major financial burden on my children by the time I'm 60, if I live that long.

19. NorrisAlan

My father always said he wanted to live so that his only bounced check in his life was to the undertaker.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

On a serious note, I'm likely to be in the same boat you are in with your oldest with my youngest. Fortunately for my kids, my wife and I will have a good inheritance from my in-laws. Our plan is just to set it up where that will go to our kids.

Ssmiff likes this.