Reasons to Think Dooley Isn't a Loser

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Oct 29, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Have any?

2. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Fresh out at the moment. This game was extremely winnable. Damn it

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He has blown every opportunity he's had thus far. After Arkansas murders us in 2 weeks he'll have gone two years with zero notable wins.

4. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Granted some of the blame is on the players (waggoner and Rogers) but they should have been able to win this game based off schemes. South Carolina's offense is downright atrocious.

On the other hand if we have Bray this game is a win easily. That's the problem I'm having with tearing Dooley down. There's plenty of blame to go around i guess and the injuries are an easy out.

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

The worst part is that Bray and Hunter will win enough games to keep him safe the next few years.

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

They made Connor Shaw look like Tommy Frazier tonight. I never thought I would see a Spurrier team kill us without passing. Think God Lattimore was out or it would have been much worse.

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

That long ass drive in the 3rd killed us. You could tell our defense was gassed at that point. Missed tackles, allowing 4-5 yds on basic run plays....aaaaaarrrrgggh

8. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Orange pants?

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Even the pants looked sloppy tonight.

10. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I like the orange pants. What was the surprise that Dooley had? Anyone know?

11. Dooley is our Mike Shula.

Young, looks good, sounds good, can't get the job done.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I've got a bama fan that I work with that says the same thing.

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Than who and where is our Nick Saban?

14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Waggner? For returning a pick all the way to the three?

15. chavisut

Everybody knew these were losses at the beginning of the season. This roster is terrible.

16. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

On the coaches tonight.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Shula had some players to work with and still sucked. Dooley, to me, has this year as a free year. Its depressing to watch, but whatever mistakes he and the team need to get out of their system, I will accept it.

However, next year, I need to see something. Next year is when I get judgmental on his abilities. We won't be SEC champs, but we have to beat some good teams. The one thing that give me hope is that he hasn't lost to anyone he shouldn't have. So, I can tell myself it's just a matter of experience and talent at this point (and I actually might believe it, too), but that doesn't fly next year, because we'll have both.

18. fl0at_

What is on the field isn't representative of what we have available, that is for sure. But we hear coaches tell players to play through adversity. Time for coaches to coach through adversity.

I feel like I saw improved defense tonight. But was that just because South Carolina's offense is anemic? I mean, granted, we got run on in the second half, but that is SEC football. Wear down the defense with the run and then you get the breaks.

I think I saw progress tonight. Even Dooley taking the timeouts to settle Worley seemed like good calls. Need to see the staff make a few more improvements on managing the second half. But it didn't look like anyone actually quit tonight.

19. chavisut

Pulling Worley was a bad move IMO.

20. fl0at_

Yea, agreed. Lost their cool and tried to make something happen without letting anything else go wrong. Going for it instead of kicking the field goal to make it a one possession game, also a bad call. I didn't mind the pass, if DR stays on his feet, but should have kicked it there. Then we at least get a chance to get the ball back with an onside.

These are what I mean by managing the second half. They too seem to get their backs against the wall, and instead of making calm, rational decisions, they knee-jerk. Part of being a young coach, I suppose...