Reasons to Think Dooley Isn't a Loser

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

worley made some bad throws tonight, but he also made some nice throws. you could tell he was pretty nervous

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

He has a wild release.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The throws to Arnett and Rogers were pretty damn good

4. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Tonight, Dooley did what he preaches against on a regular basis. He hit the panic button hard and early.

5. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Yup.....I guess getting your teeth kicked in every single week tends to do that to a person.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Lex hit it on the head.

And a young team is looking to the staff for the poise during the fight. The staff let them down tonight.

From this point on, "Show me"! The slack cutting is over, Im not sure what we have with DD at this point. When he gets talent, can he coach it? IDK

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Did anyone catch the postgame presser? What was the theme?

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

We suck? Expect more of the same going forward?

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I didn't see the video, but here is a writeup.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Basically our football team has been completely neutered by the loss of two football players, neither of which are Vols (I don't care what you say) without Lane Kiffin. Who else on the team has played close to the level needed to be successful on the SEC? What players have gotten better from 2010 to 2011? How many players have even managed to avoid getting worse?

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He's now 0-21 in games he's losing at halftime. 0-21. Think about that.

I thought Wilcox had a half decent plan. Looked better than in previous week to me anyway.

I thought Cheney's plan was an abysmal failure on offense. This staff doesn't have a clue what to do without Hunter. It's as simple as that.

12. No thought required when looking at that stat.

Mike Hamilton hired Dooley. What could go wrong?

OH, wait...

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I thought it was better than that. The defense played well enough to win. They neutralized Carolina's top threat, held them to 14 points, and gave the offense the ball twice.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The defense did well enough to win, but you can't really look at it and say they did all that well. The huge drive in the third quarter was inexcusable. They seriously ran the same play out of one formation 10 times, at minimum in the second half. It got huge yardage every time.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dooley tends lay a lot of blame at the feet of the players, but think about when our stupidest/most embarrassing moments have been... third quarters just out of half-time, after timeouts, and I'd say our worst-coached game was against UGA, when we essentially had 3 weeks to get ready with a scrimmage against Buffalo.

Why are we at our worst when at the times when coaching tends to have the most impact?

16. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

you can think about the 0-21 stat as much as you want, but don't forget the situation either

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The long drive is on the players. There weren't any big runs on that drive, just a consistent 3-8 yards every play. We had a ton of plays, especially on third down, where we had hem stopped, but didn't bring them down. I think every single 3rd down we had someone there to stop them short and couldn't make the play. That's on the players.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think that stat is incorrect.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How much worse do you think Dooley's situation is compared to James Franklin? I'm willing to bet the Arkansas game is over in about 20 minutes. Vandy is a decent kicker away from OT.

20. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

I think it is 0-22 now. When tied or trailing at half.