Retiring from political threads for awhile

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Stands with hand over heart.

2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

North California will have my full support.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

You know one thing I never understood? How people say we come from monkeys and all that about evolution.

If only I had someone to tell me how the world is eleventy billion years old. Guess I'll head back outside and cut a tree or two down.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And it's hot as hell today. Hotter than usual if you ask me. No clue why.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Do you think Jesus would vote democrat or republican?

Things that keep me awake at night.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

President Obama's Global Warming Calculated Deception Means Democrats Have Abandoned Working People

...the $2.6 billion dollars a year of Federal grants for global warming, climate change, research cling to this theory and bend the data spread to support the glorified claims in their reports and papers.”

This is a well-informed, well-reasoned understanding of the National Climate Assessment report, which is an exercise in political science, not climate science. What you will not see in the report are the basic truths below regarding climate science, over which reasonable people cannot differ!

I for one am glad the truth has finally been exposed.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterfe...eans-democrats-have-abandoned-working-people/

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

VolDad with a hay maker

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

funny part is that northern california will vote for it since they hate southern california, but they are in far worse fiscal shape than southern california.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Wait didn't IP tell us there were no significant global warmning grants out there?

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yo brother.

11. Oldvol75

For you VolDad!
    No Global Warming since 1997!
    The world stopped getting warmer almost 16 years ago, according to new data released last week.

The figures, which have triggered debate among climate scientists, reveal that from the beginning of 1997 until August 2012, there was no discernible rise in aggregate global temperatures.

This means that the ‘plateau’ or ‘pause’ in global warming has now lasted for about the same time as the previous period when temperatures rose, 1980 to 1996. Before that, temperatures had been stable or declining for about 40 years.

The new data, compiled from more than 3,000 measuring points on land and sea, was issued quietly on the internet, without any media fanfare, and, until today, it has not been reported.

http://blog.independent.org/2012/10/27/its-official-no-global-warming-since-1997/

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I hear running high emissions vehicles and using excessive amounts of CFC-containing aerosols helps. Give it a whirl.

13. Oldvol75

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I even turned my house lights off for about an hour to see if it would cool off. To no avail.

15. Oldvol75

I'm thinking about planting soybeans in the pasture across the road just for the cows.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I rented a movie from blockbuster.

Didn't even rewind it.

17. Oldvol75

Did the same thing with a DVD.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tearing in two, sliding sideways, and uplifting, actually. Kind of an origami thing.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Forgive my genuine ignorance. South or West or Central or Silicon Valley is in better shape than North or Jefferson? I'm confused.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Does said bet include religion?