Tennessee History Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by MaconVol, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Another suggested course on Tennessee history:
    "The Many Benefits of State-sponsored Sterilization: Why anyone who was born and/or raised in Tennessee, but supports any college other than the University of Tennessee (at Knoxville) should be legally and medically disqualified from procreation."

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He called out the French and cane whipped an assassin.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

*slides down in chair*

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Castrated and deported.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Drove through Chapel Hill, TN earlier today. Currently sitting in Pulaski. That's some real TN history right there.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe they could, you know, learn history rather than "rah rah" propaganda that paints men as demigods.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Andrew Jackson was a piece of shit and a worthless president, as well. He lives on through his reputation without having done anything of actual value or commendable value. If one wants a Tennessee president who actually got shit done with some kind of historical value, then James K. Polk is your man, although he was pretty much an *******, too.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tennessee has a lost history of the Woodland Period pre-European settlement. It was part of an extensive (continental) trade network, with walled cities and large mounds/mud monuments. The Tennessee De Soto walked through was essentially a post-apocalyptic world, with the majority of the native population dead from diseases that spread across the continent more rapidly than the European contact that introduced it.

9. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

That's total bullshit about Jackson and you know it.

10. Savage Orange

Although if founding the Democrat party makes him a worthless piece of shit, I can sorta buy in on that.

11. Unimane

100% true. Jackson as president was a disaster. What amazing things did he do to counter the utter disasters he had a very large hand in creating with the Panic of 1837 and the Trail of Tears?

12. Unimane

Eh, I've always given more credit to Thomas Jefferson with this one. I know the official founding of the modern party is in the 1820s, but they were just an extension of the Democratic-Republicans, in my mind.

If I want to give Jackson credit along these lines, then I'll say that Jackson leads us to the creation of the Whig Party which gives us Abraham Lincoln which gives us greatness. So, I'll give him indirect credit there, but he's still a terrible president.

13. Savage Orange

So... You're saying Jackson did absolutely NOTHING of any merit whatsoever in his two terms? MMMmmmmkay....

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, what was his big achievements, in your opinion?

15. Savage Orange

Wait just a damn minute... Jackson is worthless but Lincoln is great?? Dafuq?!?

16. Unimane

Lincoln is by far a greater president than Jackson could have ever hoped of fathoming.

17. Savage Orange

While I'm waiting on the longest stoplight in the free world to turn green... Can you name another President who paid off the ENTIRE national debt?

18. Unimane

Which sounds good, until one realizes that his economic efforts were made on the back of selling stolen Indian lands, eliminating most any public works projects, including a national highway, and creating conditions and policies that would allow us to be free of debt for exactly one year before the bottom dropped out in the worst economic crisis up to that point in American history.

19. Savage Orange

Gotcha bro. Whatever accomplishment I mention you'll find some way to shit on it, just like the Obama haters, Carter haters, Reagan haters (insert President of choice here) do... I don't know where you live but if it's Georgia, Florida, Alabama or Louisiana go find an Indian and give him or her all your shit.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

You don't think Savage Orange would sing the praises of a democrat nationalizing private citizens' lands and businesses and forcing them to relocate, to pay off the national debt?