The 8th's Holly Bobo Kidnapping Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Apr 30, 2013.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if you put a gun to my head i'd still think the bro did it. it's not a coincidence the police thought he was involved. like the average cop i generally go to the simplist explanation as the right one. that isn't to say it's impossible he wasn't involved, but he's got to be the most likely suspect. considering they already cleared the boyfriend.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

So, Clint Bobo didn't act, but went to check again. This time, he saw Holly walking into the woods with the man in camouflage.

or maybe he didn't act because he needed to dump the body. just saying. you must admit this abduction story sounds made up.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Oh, it makes perfect sense why he was originally considered. I just don't think he did it.

4. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

I think I remember hearing he passed a polygraph...

5. CardinalVol

17 hours of questioning, a polygraph, and hypnosis would have had him crack by now, or give them clues that it was him.

Going back to what you said, sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one - he didn't do it.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Karen's behavior seems odd. She hears that there was a scream and that causes her to "fall to the floor"? She can't properly explain herself to the brother? She knows instantly that there's been a kidnapping and that cops should set up road blocks?

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

as o+w=h said, did he pass the polygraph? I don't know. If he did, he didn't do it. i think going to jail for life woudl be enough for me to never admit i killed someone though. as far as we know the police think he did it. have they said differently?

8. CardinalVol

He did pass IIRC.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

well that would change my opinion.

10. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

That LE did not immediately roadblock is one, of many, of the stupidest things they did early on.

11. CardinalVol

I'm efforting to get an answer on this.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they really can't say if he flunked it, so the knowledge he just took it means little. it's not as though flunking it can get him arrested.

13. CardinalVol

Dang, I figured I'd have 83 responses on Facebook already. Folks from back home are slacking today. Not a single reply.

14. CardinalVol

Confirmed - he passed polygraph.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

According to google he says he passed it, but the police haven't confirmed (probably standard for them to not) nor have they rule him out as a suspect. a lot of stuff out there. hard to know what's accurate. interesting.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

CNN.com - Transcripts

family spokesman:

NORVILLE: As you know, we have spoken off-camera with other family members, and Natalie (ph) Bobo, who`s a cousin of Holly who`s gone missing, said to us that Clint had indicated that he had taken a polygraph test and passed it. Can you confirm that?

BROMLEY: I don`t know that to be sure. Has the investigators said anything about that?

NORVILLE: Well, this is a family member who has told us, and we`re trying to confirm that with you as the family spokesperson.

BROMLEY: Right. I don`t know that to be factual. That would be something you`d have to talk with the investigators about.

17. CardinalVol

A person who is close with their family confirmed it for me. I'll take it that he did.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How were they supposed to know she'd been kidnapped so early? I'm a little forgetful of the facts after two years.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Do you have a theory on what happened to her?

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator