The Cincinnati Reds

Discussion in 'Sports' started by emainvol, Aug 11, 2011.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Gave up a lot, but I am pretty sure I like the trade. Grandal will likely be blocked, Alonso is already blocked, and Volquez is [uck fay]ing worthless. Latos has top of the rotation stuff and we get 4 years of him. He, Cueto, Leake and Wood seems like it could be a pretty good rotation.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm good with that trade. You got a top of the rotation starter for a guy who is far too inconsistent to count on, two guys who you have to hope were going to be blocked for the forseeable future, and a decent minor league reliever. I can live with that.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Good move for the Reds.

4. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Latos is a very good pitcher. I liked the trade too

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Jim Bowden is on ESPN.com claiming this is a Herchel Walker deal. Clearly, he has no agenda.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The fact that zjcvols thinks this is a bad trade makes me think that Latos will turn the Reds into a dynasty.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Initial thought was "what?", but as the Rasmus trade taught me, you can only judge these things in retrospect. Seems like a lot, but then again, if an organization is over a person (Volquez), there is no need to keep him around.

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

John Fay was clowning Bowden in his blog today. My favorite was him bringing up Bowden comparing Chris Gruler to Tom Seaver.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If you are the Reds, you still need a LF and a closer. Based on who is left, who do you go for?

My vote for LF is Seth Smith. Not sure about the closer yet.

10. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Well, we got a closer. I can't believe they actually went out and signed someone. They appear to be serious about making a run this year.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I am looking top to bottom on the roster right now, and I can't imagine the Reds not being one of the top two or three teams in the NL if everyone stays healthy. What do you guys think?

14. Loved the Latos trade and Madson signing. The Marshall trade confused and angered me. All in all a good off season though and we are definitely NL contenders now.

I'm tickled shitless to see what Mes can do in the bigs.

15. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Central at the very least should be theirs

16. Signed ludwick yesterday.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Bruce dropped 16 pounds and Bailey added 15. That should be good for both of them. Arroyo also claims to feel as healthy as he has in a few years.

18. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

Jay needs to swell up and have a great year, we need that bat. Looking forward to home opening day.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

In all seriousness, how many former cardinals does this make that jocketty has signed in cinnci now?

20. Not sure, but it is a pretty good amount.

Jocketty announced yesterday that an extension is close to being made with Marshall.