The Cincinnati Reds

Discussion in 'Sports' started by emainvol, Aug 11, 2011.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

On second thought, I think it is LeCure, and I can't decide if he covers his mouth out of shock and concern or amusement.

2. Did you see the TV deal the Padres just signed? 1.2 billion dollars. Small and Mid market teams are getting a lot more money to play with.

The Reds sign their new deal in 2-3 years IIRC.

3. Sold out tonight for Latos' first start as a Red. First time since 1969 that the first two games of the season have been sold out.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I just want him to tell everyone that thinks he was only good because of the park to suck it. K 12 tonight Maty

5. Agreed.

Tonights lineup:

Phillips 4
    Cozart 6
    Votto 3
    Rolen 5
    Bruce 9
    Heisey 7
    Stubbs 8
    Mesoraco 2
    Latos 1

I like it.

6. Latos' stuff looks good.

7. Cozart w/ the lead off 3 bagger.

8. And the 250 million dollar man follows it up with a 2 run homer to opposite field. God damn that gave me a chubby.

9. The artist formerly known as Mike Stanton has killed Latos today.

10. Cozart with a solo shot. He has been the lone bright spot tonight other than Votto's dinger.

11. Cozart can [uck fay]ing hit. RBI double.

12. Bruce just hit his second homer of the day. This time to oppo to tie the game in the bottom of the ninth.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Cozart is looking more and more like the real deal. Bruce is seeing the ball better than he ever has and mashing. BTW, he has three hits this year

14. The Homer Bailey experiment needs to end soon. Chapman's turn.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yes. He and Arredondo should be DFA'd at the conclusion of this game. Neither one of them has any business being on a major league team.

16. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Homer's alright by me.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

"Homer" Bailey lol

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

BP just got extended. 6 yrs for 72.5 mil. Pretty sure I hate that.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm looking forward to seeing where these "revenue sources" are going to come from considering they has 16K at a game last night against their self-proclaimed rival.

I don't see these numbers adding up.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Bob C. apparently hoarded a bunch of shared revenue in anticipation of a big splash deal, so that explains the Votto deal at least. There is a TV deal that will come up soon, so there is another source. I thought there would be more folks there last night, but it is a Monday right after a holiday weekend, so I am not reading too much into it.