The Final Bow

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Low Country Vol, Jan 14, 2016.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Again, if we would allow people's asses to be beaten, people would think again before saying whatever they wanted.

Volst53 and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Do news papers even have editors anymore? Or in the digital age shit just gets put out as fast as they can hit "submit"?

3. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

WAPO doesn’t have the best history when it comes to obits.....

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Marty ain't mad at it, so...

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

He ain’t happy with it either though

Savage Orange likes this.
  6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Lol!!

7. Savage Orange

Let’s not just blast past this one. She was absolutely legendary and worthy of more than a drive by “RIP”...

InVolNerable and Unimane like this.
  8. fl0at_

He isn't aware of it. He ain't mad, or happy. He's dead.

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

You had me fooled for a little bit, thinking you had a sense of humor. Thanks, Drax.

10. fl0at_

I have a sense of humor. I think.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Just like his teams in the playoffs.

12. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Prayers appreciated from anyone who does. My 14 yr olds best buddy killed himself last night. My son doesn't know. Had just spent the weekend with him. Not sure how to handle this one and worried about my son

14. NorrisAlan

My prayers, my friend. That is horrible.

15. Savage Orange

Good lord... take your son fishing, or out to eat... or ANYTHING... just spend some time with him and listen. Let him do the talking. I’ll push up some prayers for all of y’all.

16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Oh, man. That’s horrible. Prayers for you guys.

17. fl0at_

Rough one, man. Gonna be tough.

18. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

First off, I accidentally hit like so if it shows up, I DID NOT mean to do that.

I really hate hearing about suicide, especially when it's a kid with his whole life ahead of him. This subject hits close to home because I've known someone close to our family who decided to take their own life. Best advice I can offer is what Savage said and listen to your son and let him know he should not carry any guilt or blame if he thinks he should/could have stopped it.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, sorry to hear this, Ssmiff. My condolences.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah rough day to great your kid on the porch and break that news. The boy's dad has not been a part of his life and he had talked about hurting himself before, while also struggling socially during covid and at home as my son and a buddy were his only friends, but go to a different school. Trying to prevent my son from feeling guilt is my main focus as he said he and the another kid said they always try to cheer him up. Thats too much for a 14 yr old to put on himself and he cant control mental illness of another. Sick to my stomach. Just a horrific situation all around. The mom said he was in a good mood last night and asked her to order some things on Amazon. Then she goes in this morning and he had hung himself. Now we will try to and get thru the funeral which will be brutal and keep a close watch. Kids shouldn't have to deal with such things and we as parents aren't trained for this either. Nothing worse than seeing your kids in pain.