The Final Bow

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Low Country Vol, Jan 14, 2016.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am worried about your son too. Keep him close. Hopefully he sees the pain it inflicts on those left behind and would never want to inflict that kind of pain on his loved ones.

Tenacious D and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I am so sorry, ssmiff. I can't imagine how difficult this is and keeping you and your son in my thoughts.

3. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Larry Flynt

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Before today, I would have bet $1000 that he was already dead.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

People v Flynt was filming in Memphis and I saw Woody Harrelson at Automatic Slims. Invited him to play at our weekly runs at MUS. He showed up, stretched forever, sucked, was shorter than you would think then almost got his ass whipped by a police officer named Tricky Ricky Mccoy who played at Memphis St years prior.

tn_longrifles and TennTradition like this.
  6. Ssmiff

Rip Jerry Summers. Memphis guy my age, went to ECS. Big, nice, but badass dude you wanted on your side at times in Memphis growing up. Horrible story. Google spine surgeon Dr. Death. His "best friend", had a god complex and purposely turned patients into quadriplegics, including Jerry, with whom he hung out with the night before surgery. Routine cervical surgery and Jerry woke up to never move again on his own.

7. Savage Orange

Chick Corea...

8. Ssmiff

As a couple of days have gone by, my 14 yr old has barely spoken. Went back to practice last night and will be at school tomorrow. Hoping some normalcy helps. Cold grey skies don't. The mom called tonight and said they had just planned a trip to Florida for June and my son was supposed to go with them.
    I feel awful for the parents, but honestly my son doesn't deserve to have to go thru this. He's a great kid and never said a bad thing about anybody. Tried to help the kid. How deep is he wounded right now? He won't talk to a counselor. It's harsh, but a selfish act by another has greatly affected my son and its upsetting. I'm pissed he's having to deal with this.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If you haven't yet, don't forget to get counseling for yourself, as well. And they will be able to help you far more than we can on this subject.

I cannot express my sympathies enough. I have two sons myself, and the thought of them having to go through pain like this would be near unbearable. You, your son and all involved have my prayers.

TennTradition likes this.
  10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Check in with the parents of the other friend, and talk with them. See how they are helping their son handle it, or how he is behaving. Maybe they can offer something you didn't consider; maybe you can offer something they didn't consider.

People grieve differently, but that's a tough age for everything.

Also, maybe don't talk about the selfishness of the action, etc. You're still talking about your son's friend. Use kind words.

11. Ssmiff

I haven't mentioned it being selfish or my anger. Was just venting here as I don't go to any other boards or chats and not gonna lay this stuff on people close to me. The 3rd amigo is doing worse. Hasnt been back to school or practice.
    Jake back at school today and they are passing out jerseys for the season tonight. Hope each day gets better but the funeral next Saturday will be brutal. I need my boy back to laughing and talking asap.

TennTradition likes this.
  12. Savage Orange

I hear you, but (from my admittedly very distant perspective) it sounds like your son needs space to grieve... getting back to laughing and talking asap is probably not the best thing for him, right now. My daughter just turned 15 and I couldn’t imagine her having to process a friends suicide...

Ssmiff likes this.
  13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Carman, for you 80s and 90s church youth group folks.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

So endearingly cheesy

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Wow, that is a name from my far distant past.

16. Ssmiff

[uck fay]s sake my sis husband died of a massive heart attack last night. She has lost her job and husband in last 60 days. He had no insurance either. John Ramey. Good football player at Indianola back in the day. Gone just like that

17. Savage Orange

Rush Limbaugh...

Cue the hate fest from the left.

18. Savage Orange

Indianola? Mississippi? My old man coached there before he went to Whitehaven...

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Rush Limbaugh.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'll be damned, I didn't think he would ever go