The Final Bow

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Low Country Vol, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Groves is a pain..

Savage Orange likes this.
  2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Just wait until you stop by his place and he attacks you with with his copy of Mein Kampf that he keeps on the coffee table, then your opinion will change.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Agreed, but I like Groves!!

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Norris, IMO

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

I despise Pelosi, but I'm not the type of person who would or will lambast her when she passes. Because I'm bigger than that.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

How am I able to "cancel" anyone? I talk about policing because your political comments are, invariably, not on topic but snarky comments about how my, and others, views are reduced to being biased over "blue/red teams".

Come to think of it, does this mean you are always trying to cancel me out?

7. Savage Orange

Probably not... I’m one of those weird and twisted individuals who can get along with almost anyone... ALMOST anyone.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was just converting your post to audio for any visually-impaired folks among us

9. Unimane

Hey now, I keep that stashed away in my dresser!

10. Savage Orange

Same for either one of the Clintons or Jimmy Carter. I fully expect people to lose their jobs for speaking ill of Carter when he dies... I’m not a fan of the guy but I don’t hate him either.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I mean, when all these left wing journalists die, will I be allowed to talk about how bad of people they were because they caused division and were against my political beliefs?

tn_longrifles likes this.
  12. Unimane

Eye roll.

13. Ssmiff

Sure. Jump on here a couple hours after and get after them. It shows great character.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Anyone that gets as worked up about one political side or the other like some of these people do deserve all the ridicule in the world, imo.

15. Unimane

Why can't you say what their legacy is? It's not as if it means you are celebrating their death. And, there's a difference between someone of an opposing political view and an actual terrible person of an opposing political view. Plenty of conservatives have died and I feel no need to mention I opposed their tax policy or something, plus felt sad at their loss. George H.W. Bush was notable here. But, to use an extreme example, when Bin Laden died, I certainly wasn't going to mention his legacy was he was a loving father or something (I don't know if he was).

I mean, I'm not delivering anyone's eulogy or anything, either. Limbaugh was not a person I wish to celebrate. I also am not throwing any parties for his death. Just acknowledging his toxic influence and moving on.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I don’t fault anyone for reacting strongly one way or another when any person passes who made their living being purposefully divisive, especially not right after the news breaks. I just choose not to waste my time on it, because the world isn’t a measurably better or worse place now than it was yesterday and there are better things for me to do.

17. Savage Orange

I promise you, I’m not making light of Limbaugh’s death at all, but it IS kind of ironic that somebody who was famous for his cigar smoking died of lung cancer on Ash Wednesday....

18. Unimane

A little honesty doesn't bother me. If anyone feels a public figure, left or right, has done damage to society and wants to note it as part of their legacy on an message board with not much influence, then I'm not particularly worried nor condemning. It's quite different than saying "I'm glad they are dead" or "I hope they burn in hell" or anything of that sort.

emainvol likes this.
  19. chef65

chef65 Contributor

Don’t celebrate his death, mourn his life. - reddit

An important voice for stupidity, irrationality, and general greedy meanness has passed from the world. -also reddit

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The guy netted $500 mil doing radio that appealed to half country, and was tuned in by predominately the older ones inside that half.

Who is his left equivalent?