The To Hell With This Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Feb 5, 2014.

1. MWR

MWR Contributor

If the past is any indication of the future, the powers that be at UT will probably scour the Jr High and Elementary School BB coaches around east Tennessee until they find their man. And probably their man will be someone that no knowledgeable BB fan has ever heard of. And then make a big deal of the whole event.

2. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Makes too much sense for how UT operates; wouldn't be surprised if the powers that be don't even know who he is.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Hat, or anyone else who wishes to take a swing at it:

Of the candidates on Hat's list, which ones are likely to be even seriously considered? Forget actually making a good hire, I gave up on that idea long ago - I just want to know how un/likely it is that we even hold a reasonably competent search, before eventually screwing the hire.

I'd blind-assed guess that there won't be more than 3 coaches from Hat's list who will get any consideration beyond a quick internal discussion, if even that. We won't call them, we won't gauge interest, we won't interview, we won't talk money, etc.

So, how many do we give any consideration to, insofar as calling / interviewing / gauging interest, etc.?

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Fyp

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Wanted him to be successful but the writing is clear.

Just got a feeling he's here for 1 more year.

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Unless I'm badly misjudging this administration, Tyndall and White are the only two that will even be discussed.

7. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

This

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm actually semi-sold Tyndall could have a reasonable degree of success here.

We'd score points under White, for sure.

9. hatvol96

Mick Cronin is also worth a call.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He has a good team.

11. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Could Skiles recruit ?

12. hatvol96

If anyone other than Kilpatrick could shoot at all, they'd be a real threat.

13. hatvol96

Can't imagine why he wouldn't be able to. Elite kids all have their eyes on the NBA. Skiles would have more credibility than just about anyone when he says he knows what it takes to get and stay there.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

thing is you don't have to bring in Tom Izzo to kick a lot of asses in this league, but if they would actually go about this the right way, you could really set yourself up to be a force.

15. hatvol96

Exactly. For example, Johnnie Jones makes Cuonzo Martin look like John Chaney.

16. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

And John Chaney makes Counzo Martin look like Lon Chaney. He sucks. I think he gets another year, unfortunately.

17. hatvol96

My comment should in no way be interpreted as positive for Cuonzo.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Also, how long until Skiles would jump back into the NBA?

19. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Who cares? I'd venture he would leave UT in much better shape than he found it if he did leave. Kind of like that old man at SMU that UT didn't want.

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

That really doesn't mean anything in basketball like it does in football since 1 recruiting can make a shitty team completely different in CBB.