Thinking About Transferring

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Steve C., Mar 2, 2012.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You need to change this perception of yours in order to get into medical school, and get the residency you want. GPA is not as important in residency selection, but location and speciality may require AOA, or at least look more favorably, and if you want something like neurosurgery, you need AOA (and thus a near perfect GPA) and a high board score.

Should have combined all these posts... didn't know I'd encounter this much lack of background, though.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Good luck balling out of control while paying 2k a month for your Manhattan studio.

3. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Pull off what? I'll concede the 100K loans argument. I won't concede the fact that I will be in med school and eventually making enough money to buy a penthouse on Fifth.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

5. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

I have a good GPA in college. I was talking about high school. It does play a factor in those instances, you are correct, sir.

6. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Yeah, just because you have the advantage of actual life experience is not going to keep Steve from knowing more than you do, so just keep your valuable opinions for someone stupid enough to listen.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Most pay their loans off on time. There are some that don't. Your loan repayments start as soon as you graduate, and you'll be making about $46k a year during residency, with a $1400+ loan repayment (give or take how much you borrowed).

I assume you don't want to be single, forever. So, add a house note, a car note, and the cost of daycare for your kid... and you've just eaten up your salary and most of your mates.

We aren't saying don't take on debt. We are saying don't take on debt with no purpose. If you can avoid it in undergrad, you are better off. Why pay $200k to attend Harvard for a crap degree and pay $200k to attend Med school, when you can pay $40k for undergrad and $200k for Med school, to the same end.

That is just dumb to overpay $160k for something you don't plan on using.

8. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

9. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

This post makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

10. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Maybe there is still hope for you.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You're right. That is way better.

12. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Just brutally honest. What is the purpose of a fight? To win? How do you win? Inflict more pain than the other person inflicts on you. My GSD would inflict more pain than any bare-handed human could so if anyone ever tries to fight me, I would consider releasing the dog. I achieve the end goal of the fight. Sounds like I'm the smarter one for it.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My Doberman laughs.

14. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

My GSD is straight outta The Czech Republic. They are bigger and stronger than their American and German counterparts.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just got to get the rules down. It is immature and/or pathetic to declare you would kick someone's ass, but totally rational, and in fact, smart to say your canine will do it.

16. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Only if he charged at me first. My dog is my protector.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can we hear the story?

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pretty sure no one was charging you when you were threatening BPV with the menace of your dog.

19. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

IP, my brother from another mother, I have already told this board. It was a sad time for the empire. I still cry about it.

20. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

I don't remember the entire exchange. I just remember it involved my dog. Link?