Thinking About Transferring

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Steve C., Mar 2, 2012.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Pray he's not carrying.

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Thats why people like me carry guns! A dog is not always your best bet!

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Amen.

4. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Indy would beat the [uck fay] out of that German shepherd

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've never been scared of an individual dog. Bring a dog on, I'll take it.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Can we start a contest called guess axion's next screen name?

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Dog whisperer.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why ban him? He hasn't done anything but entertain the masses.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Can we see a picture of your dog? Put something in the picture so we know you are taking the picture. My guess is said dog is as real as your high iq.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

My Dad can beat up everybody's Dad.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

At the same time.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Absolutely. I have fingers and opposable thumbs with significant training about how to make things hurt. A dog is going to have a problem with me. People might stomp my ass and a dog might make me bleed, but said dog will cease to make people bleed thereafter.

Absurd thread...again.

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Bet you couldn't take a lion. Jus' sayin'.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

African lion, mountain lion, or lion fish?

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You really making fun of where a guy is working toward a degree at a 4 year accredited university. Are you in middle school? It doesn't matter; you're cool.... I have 2 degrees: one from ETSU one from UT. Both were good schools although I dealt with less red tape BS at UT.

Edit: I've thought about this post. Perhaps you were pointing out the differences between where he attends to his aspirations and the wide chasm between the two in terms of tuition, reputation, prestige, etc. If that's the case, I apologize for being an ass. If it was meant like I first interpreted, I stand by my assholishness.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He didn't say anything about cats...

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Please, this punk has been talking down to people for years now.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Sorry man. I just felt that was totally uncalled for given the number of lazy ass people that mooch off taxpayers with no desire to better themselves and learn a trade or get an education in order to have a career. Plus defending one of my alma maters more than anything.

See my edit added to the original post.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I agree with the advice about keeping undergrad debt in check, particularly if you are considering med school. In my opinion, if you plan on going for an advanced degree, it doesn't make sense to overpay for a undergrad degree. Just do what you do and do it better than everyone else.

As an undergrad, you aren't going to get the interaction you want with the "great" professors anyway. Actually, you will likely be able to develop a better mentoring relationship with a professor at good, but not top-named institutions anyway. Those professors are likely good at what they do, and because it can be hard to get great graduate students to those schools sometimes, they are excited to have bright and interested undergraduates to work with. Use that to your benefit.

Then, when its time to head to med school, you will be able to take on the debt without it breaking your back through your residency and early part of your career. You will also have a great reference letter and possibly some publications to show for your undergrad hobby. Always be hustling, so to speak.

20. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

I apologize for the relapse. I think we can all agree that Indy was being condescending and stupid towards me, and I blew a fuse. After that, it was all downhill. I went with the flow and delved into the ensuing stupidity.

My apologies.