This tweet has me worried

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Never, ever, ever, ever go back to the good 'ol boy system again. I can't imagine the horror of Plowman opening up the dialogue with Fulmer about this stuff and just going "Holy shit, we've got to get this guy out of here.".

Memtownvol and tvolsfan like this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Fulmer, in late 17, was the correct call.

But it should have been interim with a real AD in place by the start of 18/19 academic year.

3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

That's the thing, the good ole boy system works really well when it isn't made up of complete [uck fay]ing imbeciles.

A-Smith likes this.
  4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Fulmer would have been immediately campaigning to get the gig fulltime and we'd had ended up in the exact same place.

InVolNerable likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

The good ole boy system breaks down into complete [uck fay]ing imbeciles sooner or later.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Neidermeyer talking about his gf and his parents don’t like her and he walks around with cash because she spends a lot is something else. He, Felton and the other coaches in those tweets were acting like 16 yr olds playing some role playing coaching game

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yeah it's pretty incredible that he was ever a D1 assistant. He likely never gets that shot again.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Didn’t make it due to his coaching ability. Probably hooked up with a group doing this and kept him in the circle.

9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Now that is very true.

justingroves likes this.
  10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Yep. UNC was a diploma mill for athletes and the NCAA did absolutely nothing.

If you take the the number of athletes that took those courses, multiply that by the $/credit hr * course hours, I'd bet it far surpasses the $60k total that Pruitt gave to kids for their moms' hospital bills.

NCAA, lol.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Tennessee AG was gonna take NCAA to court if they imposed a bowl ban.

NorrisAlan and justingroves like this.
  12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

It's amazing how quickly we became flooded with strong leadership and equally competent support after being completely void of it for nearly 25 years.

NorrisAlan and utvol0427 like this.
  13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We got outbid by Georgia for several of the players mentioned in the report. I am sure they will be opening an investigation into Kirby Smart soon.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I like it but that urine smell. Almost not worth it. I was convinced I had developed diabetes last time I ate it.

SetVol13 likes this.
  15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

One of the players he was giving money to was because his mom had cancer and couldn't work.

SetVol13 likes this.
  16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

As someone who grew up comparing all time records and rankings and such in the sports almanac, I don't like it.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think he has a lot to answer for. Even if it didn't bother me, nothing stays buried at Tennessee.

18. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Who I despise more from a UT coaching perspective (Dooley, Jones, or Pruitt) depends on who I'm drinking beer with ...
    If you are providing the beer, I will agree with your assessment. They all sucked in their own special way.

SetVol13 likes this.
  19. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t want to tarnish those back to back nattys.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Whoever Kirby pissed off at the AJC may actually dig into it