This tweet has me worried

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Apr 4, 2023.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We’re all just a bunch of dumb rubes who can’t know what’s best for us.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Schiano is 12 and 20 something in his second stint at Rutgers. We won 11 games. Last year.

They can all get [uck fay]ed.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Naw

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Now the sending Guarantano out every Saturday and “I don’t know what asparagus is” makes sense.
    (Alonzo Mourning gif)

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It exactly ties back to this piece of history. I feel the same way now as I did then and am not ashamed of my opinion. I don't know if the story alleged of Schiano and his knowledge and silence concerning child rape was true or false. I believe it is more likely false than true, but despite that the flagship athletic program for University of Tennessee and its supporters, fans, and Tennesseans in general did not deserve to have to endure the questions and accusations that would have necessarily followed his hiring. There is no denying that he would be asked about the situation at some point, and you cannot convince me that if his answer did not sufficiently put the issue to rest for the press in general or despite providing a perfect answer a journalist wouldn't decide to go after Schiano because of an unrelated ax to grind repeatedly put focus on this part of his past. Given poor enough responses by Schiano, Forde and Wolken would likely join in the chorus of people keeping it alive at if things got bad enough (unless Wolken got a call telling him not to). Tennessee football did not deserve that especially for a coach of limited success with other skeletons in his closet.

SetVol13, reVOLt and justingroves like this.
  6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Thinking about it and him and Fulmer and the whole situation, I am starting to believe in the vast bammer conspiracy to take down Tennessee, and man, what better way to get some revenge against Fulmer than to take down his program while tarnishing his resume. If you didn't love in bammer in the mid 00s, you have no appreciation for how hated Fulmer was by bammers and even at the cow college. Maybe the plan was to go in, make a mess, and get out the door or fired quickly enough to not get too much on him.

justingroves likes this.
  7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The Bammer conspiracy is one of the few that I will give legitimate time to in my brain. I think there is a non-zero chance that there was one to spread as many bama people out among the SEC teams to help prop up their dynasty.

Sounds crazy, perhaps, but damn, I am not above believing it.

8. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

They all treated the people around them like shit. Pruitt at least seemed to attempt to do right by his players. That puts him above the other two in my book.

A-Smith, Memtownvol and IP like this.
  9. Ssmiff

Main reason I don’t believe in that conspiracy is they are too dumb to intentionally make it happen.

Memtownvol, IP, SetVol13 and 2 others like this.
  10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Naw

11. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Plus, asparagus is a trash vegetable.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Uhm.

A-Smith likes this.
  13. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I said what I said.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

9 million

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not many to vacate so that's not a big deal

tvolsfan and SetVol13 like this.
  16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Bama wanted to hire Pruitt again but no way Saban does that now. He is not paying for a guy that basically can't recruit and would be suspended for a year right off the bat. I bet this ruling does not make Saban happy and I like that.

Memtownvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If those emails weren't a smoke screen, the man needs to be in a home. The coaching list was hilariously awful if you ignore the fact that's the best the AD thought it could do for over a decade.

19. Ssmiff

axtually the more we hear, it highly likely they told him but he truly may not have known. Because he’s so stupid it may not have registered. He coulda taken an IQ test and got out of penalties for being disabled

justingroves likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Everyone on here knew all along there was dysfunction at the highest levels for more than a decade. Fulmer should not have been AD. This shit turned around when Plowman got involved. For me it isn't really the cheating, it is the stupidity. We can't be stupid.

A-Smith, Memtownvol, tvolsfan and 4 others like this.