17 TN WR Tee Higgins

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Aug 24, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Also, how much does your friend "donate" to New Spring every year?

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Long story short. Free beer and then listening to him discuss how they believed that more reps in shorter period of time had a better end game than "getting it perfect" led me to quickly tell him how stupid he was. Amongst many other shots along the way.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Wait. WAIT.

So his mantra was "Do it a lot and quickly, even if it sucks" ?

Sweet baby Jesus.

NYY likes this.
  4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

NYY got mad Butch stole his mantra.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He literally said.. "we get X amount of time in practices, we don't need to waste valuable rep time on instruction."

To this day, it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard a coach say. And goes against EVERYTHING coaching is about.

justingroves likes this.
  6. NorrisAlan

Just when you think you cannot hate someone more...

I am finally at 50 learning to play music. The hardest thing that I have to do, and my instructor constantly harps on me about it, is "slow down and get it right, then speed up". The Butch Method would be "keep blowing and moving your fingers as fast as you can, and maybe one day you may accidentally make a thing that sounds like a song".

I am completely dumbstruck. Seriously.

Memtownvol and NYY like this.
  7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

So, essentially, keep doing the same thing over and over again, hoping the reps will make it work out, but don't instruct them on how to make it work out? Plus, keep [uck fay]ing up, but do it really fast?

Like I said, he's even worse than anyone thought. [uck fay]ing idiot. And we still pay him.

NYY likes this.
  8. NorrisAlan

And I will laugh until I pass out if any school is ever dumb enough to hire him for any on field position much less as a HC.

I imagine the word is truly out on him?

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

His accidental music was Josh Dobbs.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Which goes against everything that an educator/coach is to do.

11. NorrisAlan

To this day I firmly believe that Dobbs to Jennings in Athens kept him from getting fired.

CORRECTION: I forgot the year before Richt did a Richt in Knoxville. I think that was the game that truly saved his job for another two years.

justingroves and NYY like this.
  12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It was the same under Dooley.

It has become pretty common at a lot of places. They call it coaching on the fly.

13. CardinalVol

I, personally, would rather run 10 things well than have 100 things I can run but know I've got a 50/50 chance on it working.

And I love to be creative and try stuff too.

justingroves likes this.
  14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I like to go fast during team. Indy and group get it right.

SetVol13 likes this.
  15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

You playing a rusty trombone?

16. NorrisAlan

Flute, and I will let you guess what kind of flute it is.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I don’t even know what that is, but I can ask.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, but he's not any kind of educator nor does he have any sort of pride in his, supposed, craft. Him lighting up a cigar after leeching onto Alabama's success and victory over the team he built (used loosely) is the most astonishing example of a lack of self-awareness I've ever seen. He's stupid enough to think he was a part of the Alabama win and Tennessee lost in no part to him and the guys he recruited and trained.

He's, by far, my most despised figure in all of Tennessee history or the history of any of the teams I support. Only Mike McCarthy comes close.

justingroves and NYY like this.
  19. CardinalVol

LOL, don't!

New Spring is the huge megachurch in Clemson. Lots of people think that it plays a significant role in Clemson's recruiting. I mean, at one time there was a pretty high correlation of mission projects vs. where top recruits lived, but I think that has changed.

Memtownvol and Tenacious D like this.
  20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

He’d probably tell me.

He’s the one who told me that a Clemson coach once unexpectedly came into his 5th grade classroom and asked that they each write a letter urging a soon-to-be visiting recruit to pick Clemson. The teacher immediately stopped class, and each student wrote a letter.

It didn’t work, as Herschel Walker went elsewhere.