2020 recruiting

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

So, “Auburn”.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s really not a big deal but that doesn’t stop wasting 5 pages arguing about it

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I dont believe it's a violation unless a coach has been informed. On the NLI website, it states it's the players obligation to tell coaches who call him.

4. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

FYP

5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

To further elaborate, everyone does it. Some are great at it (Auburn), some are like the Mississippi schools and have zero control over who gives money and whose hands it ends up in.

Tenacious D likes this.
  6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Addendum #3

We as a program are extremely fortunate to not have gotten in any real trouble with paying players. We can discuss the history of it if y'all want but outside of Tee Martin getting a transmission and Tony Robinson getting caught with a booster's car/credit cards when he got pinched we've been very lucky.

Memtownvol and Tenacious D like this.
  7. Ssmiff

evidently Swain had a lot to say about the Hardy deal this morn. Anybody listen?

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

No idea if Dee Beck can ball, but dammit if guy doesn’t look like a matchup nightmare in pads

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't, but it is hard to imagine there is anything more to be said that matters at this point in time. I must be wrong since he talked about it.

10. Ssmiff

He wants to play basketball too and I'm concerned the easy road to play for White at UF may be chosen. He will have to put forth half the work and will be able to get PT. Wouldnt see the court for 2-3 years for UT. You'd think having his brother as a pwo would seal it but evidently not.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Playing for both Pruitt and Barnes does sound a little nightmarish.

Tenacious D and utvol0427 like this.
  12. Ssmiff

Not many teams work harder in practice plus Barnes is always there and knows who is putting in their own time. Not a fit for everyone. Hopefully his family relationships get it done. I hoped he would've committed and cancelled his UF visit.

13. TR VOLS 22

TR VOLS 22 Member

His brother won't get a PWO if Dee doesn't sign

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm sure he probably will. Reneging on the offer would probably not sit well with the high school you are trying to maintain a good relationship and it's something people can show your dishonesty. Plus, he's not costing a scholarship.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

I listened to Swain podcast about Hardy. That family is something else. Dude was even lying to Baron, Mays and other recruits in knoxville who came to see him play basketball vs catholic.
    . He said those guys would be a factor in a flip. He said this 2-3 weeks after he had already signed.

16. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Listened to it as well, this is just a [uck fay]ed up recruiting situation.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Guy on VN saying the coaches are going to see Zachary Evans tomorrow.

18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Wow

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Offer him two scholarships.

20. Ssmiff

Beckwith says florida still leads after his visit. Wtf. Kid has been to UT multiple times. His mom loved it. His half bro there. Drivable in 4 hours. Good coaches. Pick his position.
    Been to UF once for a football game and they still lead according to him.