MLB

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, Aug 13, 2015.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

There's a video of a guy hearing it, calling his catcher up to change the signs up, then striking the guy out.

If something was suspected, is it that hard to change signs on the fly?

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The Nationals talked about how they were prepared for it too.

I don’t know the first thing about creating signs, but I think essentially each of their pitchers had their own sign card.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No, but I'd guess you have to have it ready ahead of time.

4. InVolNerable

Ahead of time as in before the inning starts. And if they catch on mid-inning, just go to the mound and switch it up again.

5. CardinalVol

Yup.

Problem becomes (now) the limited catcher visits to the mound, so you'd have to be pretty certain on it, that or have something in place to notify the switch.

InVolNerable likes this.
  6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What if... what if you had a sign... to switch signs.

7. CardinalVol

Makes sense to me, as long as you can do it in a way that doesn't tip it off.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Would take a pitch or 2 to figure it out then back to banging a garbage can right before every pitch

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Or they just bang the garbage can even when they don't know what is coming after sending a signal to the hitter that "we are in fake out the fake out fake inception mode".

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The purpose isn't to get in the pitcher's head, though, but to inform the batter that a certain pitch is coming.

Two or three pitches is enough to get a pitcher out of a tight spot. Can talk about the rest in the dugout.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

“Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.”

-Crash Davis

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. CardinalVol

Can we bring back Selig?

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Reinstate Pete Rose, make him commissioner

14. InVolNerable

15. Ssmiff

Wouldnt be surprised if a couple pitchers who got lit up, and maybe arent around anymore or in the rotation, will lawyer up. Cheated out of potential lost wages. Lost sleep due to worrying about tipping off pitches. Changing routine.Mental anguish...

16. InVolNerable

17. Ssmiff

And though i'm usually not one who likes suing in most situations, especially if MLB isn't going to make them pay, i'm fine with a couple pitchers getting paid. Who knows if he woulda still been making major league money and on a roster, but they cheated the guy in the article a chance at a fair game.
    Make the millionaire players play with no salary this year or minor league pay and give up any rings. Plus mlb evidently wants to move on and tell others what should happen, so sue the [uck fay] out of them for allowing it

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I want to know how many Astros get on base due to fastballs to the ribs

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If you really want to actually hit someone, you aim at the torso. Just cannot move it out of the way. The head can be bobbed pretty quickly.

That said, I really don't condone the physical attacks in retaliation for this.