Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I literally did not laugh one time watching schitt's Creek. Not one time, not a smile, and I found myself losing interest and walking away from the TV. I even texted the guy that told me its hilarious and I should definitely watch it, to say I hate him, and next time I see him, I'm kicking him in the balls.

IP, Tenacious D and Ssmiff like this.
  2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wife and I have been watching Friday Night Lights. I still can’t figure out why they fired Coach Taylor after a three straight playoff appearances with a state championship and a 3 point semi-finals loss.

We really supposed to believe this McCoy guy that’s been in town less than a year has that much juice?

3. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Dead to Me on Netflix is really good. Second season recently dropped.

kmf600 likes this.
  4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

First season was great. Was not expecting a second season, but will definitely engage at some point

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

What’s it about?

6. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It's a dark comedy I suppose, but with a fair bit of drama. Christina Applegate plays a woman who recently lost her husband to a hit and run. She meets/slowly befriends a quirky lady (Linda Cardellini) in grief therapy and then it gets interesting. Goes into investigating who killed the husband and is Cardellini's character really grieving, just lonely or something else (because she's a character). Episodes are 30 minutes and both leads do a great job, imo.

InVolNerable and Tenacious D like this.
  7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Season 4 of Breaking Bad...what a ride that one was. Never thought Malcom’s dad had it in him (bet nobody’s said that before) to be so ruthless.

Second half of season 5 was really good as well. Overall I’m glad I finally sat down and watched it. Wish I would have been smart enough to watch when it aired, because I’m sure it was even more thrilling with the cliff hangers from week to week and season to season.

Is El Chamino any good? Thinking I’m going to pivot and watch “Better Call Saul” now.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It's all right. Entertaining. Nothing earth shattering but does put a bow on Jesse's story.

justingroves and zehr27 like this.
  9. CardinalVol

Titan Games is a great summer show.

10. CardinalVol

Now that we have met him, I wish season 5 of BB would have have been Lalo's return to be the antagonist.

11. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

3 episodes into Outer Banks and it seems promising.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That isn’t like a Dawson’s Creek reboot?

13. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

You've got the teen drama stuff, but the seedy beach town & mystery elements outweigh it imo. Nothing special, but entertaining so far.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Finally decided to start Mad Men last night, went to start the first episode on Netflix, and there was a message saying it was only going to be available through June 10th. Perfect timing.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Now, I'm trying to decide between Narcos and Peaky Blinders.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Narcos all day.

TBSVOL and kmf600 like this.
  17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

i am uhtred of uhtred of uhtred.
    On season 4 with the wife.

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I tried to start it again last week. I got further this time. But apparently not into it because I completely forgot I had started it until I read your post!

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

It turns to shit soon

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm enjoying the Trial by Media doc on Netflix. Just finished the one on Richard Scrushy, the CEO of HealthSouth in Birmingham who was charged with cooking the books, among other things, and got off by hiring some down South lawyers who spun some folksy nonsense to, it appears, a collection of Crimson Tide fans unable to pay attention to an explanation of financial crimes. It has every kind of bullshit artist from an Alabama court case you could expect with the shyster lawyers and the rich crooked executive who finds Jesus in his moment of peril.

The one on Mamadou Diallo is very relevant and revealing to our current times, as well.