The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Trump is as unbeatable as any Presidential candidate as you’ll ever see in your lifetime.

He is who he is. He does what he says. He has the high ground on policy. He knows his base and fights for them, in turn, they fight for him.

Your attacks not only weaken you (the crazier, the better), but strengthen him. The more y’all howl, the more his supporters - and independents - think he’s correct.

I’ve been telling you this for five (5) years. You don’t believe me, can’t accept it, refuse to acknowledge it, or otherwise just prefer to pitch a fit about it, thinking that will make one whit of difference.

I’m the asshole. Trump cult. He’s my god. I hate Black people and gays. I’m a gang rapist. I’m the dumb one. Whatever, man.

I’m telling you the truth.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

you can be telling me the truth and be 100% right, he's still terrible for this country and terrible for everyone in it. We are diminishing like never before in the post ww2 era.

3. Tenacious D

Trump isn’t who y’all need to worry about. He’s really thin-skinned, petty and has a penchant for making things needlessly hard on himself. Plus, while he’s a world-class tactician, he’s a truly terrible politician. It’s part of his charm / madness.

You need to save this energy for who comes after him - because that’ll be the real existential threat to the entire liberal philosophy.

And if you think that someone stronger / worse (depending on your perspective, I guess) than Trump isn’t going to follow his blueprint - 96% approval rating with the GOP and 60-70% with independents - you’re not paying attention.

He’s written entirely new rules for conservative candidates, made the old ones obsolete, and any polished politician who follows them is going to absolutely shit-house people.

You’ll need this energy - and some semblance of credibility - much more then, than now.

4. Tenacious D

I appreciate when we can actually discuss it.

He’s a tough subject, I know.

Diminishing from what, and who, IP? That’s a sincere question.

He has a 96% approval rating amongst his own party. He’s got a 60-70% approval rating and a 15-20% lead amongst Independents.

What candidate / sitting POTUS has EVER enjoyed that? And frankly, most of that is in spite of Trump, as a person.

That’s how much stronger his policy positions are over everyone else - certainly, including Dems.

What’s utterly shocking to me is that he took a huge and valuable play out of the Clinton / Dem playbook....and y’all just say and watched him do it: JOBS.

The Dems could have blunted him a great deal if they’d only shown a fraction of his concern for bringing jobs back to the US and Americans. But they cared about everything else, instead, and now he absolutely owns that.

He didn’t seize it so much as Dems bungled it.

The Dems just had to be not-nearly-as-[uck fay]ing-crazy-as-him in order to beat him, and they can’t manage that.

Source: *continues gesturing broadly at everything*

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Where in the hell are those approval numbers coming from in terms of independent voters? 60-70%? No, try about 35-40% among independent voters. And, there are a number of presidents with higher approval ratings than Trump, at this point.

I really don't know what world you live in, at this point. You're getting more and more unhinged.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Don't you fellas need to sleep? Y'all gonna be tired for tomorrow night's, scratch that, tonight's round of mayhem you know.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Big night owl and school's out, baby.

warhammer likes this.
  8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

VolDad likes this.
  9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

It does matter? Someone let thousands of people stand on a road where vehicles normally travel at a high rate of speed. An eighteen wheeler driving 70 mph at a thousand people is exactly why you don't issue a bullshit permit to stand in the middle of the [uck fay]ing freeway.

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Winning = Owning Libs

Keep up.

Pandemic killing 100,000? Bad? Did we own the Libs? Win.

Millions out of a job? Pssh, we owned the libs. Job done.

America's on Fire and I've just realistically put martial law on the table? Bad? You see a happy Lib around this joint? W. I. N. N. I. N. G. It never stops, baby.*

*Offer valid till November 2020.

reverendgeneral likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

how can I sleep with helicopters flying only 100 feet above the street?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

they weren't standing, they were marching.

they shut down roads for all sorts of reasons. In DC they do it for a lot less than this.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I will believe he leaves office when I see it. he has a great chance of being re elected by hook or crook.

14. Tenacious D

It’s about doing what half the country, and an easy majority of the Electoral College, wants him to do. This is the fact that seemingly escapes you.

He didn’t just materialize and assume control.

It’s that same half that both Parties have ignored for more than a quarter century, acting like they didn’t matter or even exist, save the time it took to call them racists, gang rapists, white supremacists, gun nuts, ignorant, stupid, isolationists, imperialists, nationalists, or to blame them for all societal ills, all while shipping their jobs overseas, taxing them to death and trying to convince them that they lead inherently privileged lives.

Poor ol’ libs. I guess imagining a reality doesn’t make it so, after all.

Trump’s better equipped - and more trusted - to handle these challenges than anyone. That’s why he’s going to be re-elected.

You’re a fool to think that he isn’t going to be re-elected. Your hopeful energy would be better put toward somehow miraculously keeping the House. You’re really not going to like second term Trump.

15. Tenacious D

You know what I think libs would like - to go back to the days when they could pick the GOP candidate, for the GOP.

John McCain
    Paul Ryan
    Mitt Romney
    Jeb!
    Rubio

The libs loved those guys. Maybe that’s the best way forward for the GOP - the lovable loser.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He will never leave office. Did you see that gif?

Tyrant!!!

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Im to the point i hope trump somehow loses so libs will shut the [uck fay] up for another 4-8 years. It was more pleasant without the incessant daily whining and blame. Let the crybabies get their way, give more free shit to people who dont deserve it, become less tolerant of other views as they wish and lets move on.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Usually public works. It takes me 3 days to get a lane closed.

19. Tenacious D

These four years haven’t seen libs get less crazy, have they? Imagine four years from now...that is, if they still exist beyond academia, NY, Chi & LA.

20. Tenacious D

This is precisely their plan, and it’s unsurprising that you’ve fallen for it.