POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I definitely agree.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Very odd. But it could be framed that way I suppose.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

'Round here, when someone says "I'm gonna win the lottery," someone reminds them they'll have to give half to taxes, so that the amount you'd actually win would be X.

Maybe y'all think differently when you look at a large sum of money.

4. fl0at_

I'd be shocked if people don't take a large sum and half it automatically. Shocked.

But maybe things I think are simple just really are.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This is, basically, it. It's the same exact gameplan from 2016 they are hoping to occur this time. Like everything else in Trumpworld, the appearance is the only important factor. That this is such a ham-fisted attempt to smear Biden is pretty obvious and most media outlets aren't playing the game this time like they did with Hillary's emails.

Regardless, what we have here is a laptop in the possession of the FBI for a year, a store owner who, oddly, gives a couple of emails with vague references to Joe Biden to Rudy Giuliani, of all people and then Giuliani shops this story to a bunch of media sources who reject it, including the ultra Trump friendly Fox News, before finding a home with a New York tabloid, the Post, which even they have journalists refusing to put their name on the story (the one who does is a former Hannity staffer).

The Trump campaign tried to manufacture a Biden scandal two weeks before the election and they are mad because the media, largely, didn't bite on something so weak and initiated by the campaign themselves.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Bit of a stretch imo but I can see how it could work. So in this case Pop is the government? Or he is saying his Pop is part of the government and wants to take half his money via his tax policies?

7. fl0at_

Part of the government, specifically, the party that likes to tax wealthy people, who I presume he's speaking to. I imagine that kids, in capital industry, of VPs of the Obama administration caught hell on taxes, and was just making a joke.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Even if that is not true that would be a good defense.

TennTradition likes this.
  9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think I'm going to vote for Kanye.

10. CardinalVol

This year Tax Freedom Day fell on April 16, so 105 days into a 366 day year. So just short of 30% for the average American.

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I didn’t think I would ever say you are better off not voting, but...

12. CardinalVol

A protest vote, if you will.

13. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Not that it’s relevant to this thread. But it’s just been on my mind. Please tell me that Marsha Blackburn is going to get primaried incredibly hard in 4 years.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

average isn't very representative anymore. The tax freedom day stuff is great marketing but pretty misleading in terms of how income is earned, experienced, and how much variability exists in both income and tax rate.

15. CardinalVol

I agree. Unfortunately it's the only group that somewhat tries to track it.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fair. there are serious conversations that aren't happening on total tax burden, and it partly drives inequality in large cities because the working classes can't hide from it like the investor class

17. CardinalVol

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Guys, I'm starting to think that Rudy Giuliani isn't very smart and can, perhaps, be easily conned

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Uh

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Can’t believe trump would interview that no talent hack