2020-21 Basketball Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yep. And gets shoved around a lot which is pbysically and mentally wearing him out. Refs allowing way too much of it down low this year. Position used to mean position. Now they just sling you down.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, a lot of the "hustle" stuff that he has done in the past are not there this year.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Barnes is 7-18 against Kansas and Kansas hasn't lost 4 games in a row since 1989.

We gonna lose.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Another team much bigger than us. Their leading scoring guard is about the same size as our starting 4 in Pons. Then they go 6'8 and 6'10 at forward.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Kansas is very beatable, not the usual quality of Jayhawk players this year. I don't trust this team right now, though. We've had exactly one impressive win this year. This would be two, if we can pull it off. Pons not getting in foul trouble should be priority #1.

6. Unimane

I do not want to say anything on the shooting to jinx it, but the defense has looked much better than it has in a while, so far.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s definitely nice to see the other guys bricking it for once

8. Unimane

Fulky shooting 15 footers over a 6-10 guy with 20 seconds left in the shot clock is not where I want this offense to live. Got to drive on McCormick and get some fouls on him.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

Loved the nkamouah 15 foot fadeaway almost as much as the analytics did

10. Unimane

Nkamhoua?!

11. Unimane

I would've liked to have a bit more than a 9 point lead, considering Kansas is ice cold and we are playing solid defense, but our offense is always going to be a struggle. Nkamhoua playing well would be a major boost to this team.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

There is a player in there. Idk if it ever comes out

13. Unimane

I really think he needs to find some kind of outside shot. I remember watching Pons as a freshman and sophomore, thinking he's good for little more than energy and dunks. There's hope.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Shots are falling better today. But we also look more aggressive on offense. Springer is a pretty big deal for this team. Pons looks more aggressive.

15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Josh Heupel is so good at offense, his presence is even making the basketball team shoot better.

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Let's finish it off with another basket

17. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Well, that was worse than I thought was even possible. Good half, hopefully giving away 2 points won't matter.

18. Unimane

Ugh, that was a missed chance to really turn the screws there at the end with the dumb turnover. 14 points is by no means an unsurmountable lead. Still, very good half, otherwise.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So we’re good again?

20. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Should’ve extended that to an 18 point lead there at the end. That ending sequence hurts.