2020-21 Basketball Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Apr 25, 2020.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Definitely looks more comfortable as the sixth man. Barnes has found the best starting lineup tonight.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

“We’ll find a way” probably just meant that they would guarantee Zion got the dorm room he wanted.

3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Lol going at Will Wade.

4. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

And shilling over Self.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Dickie V is a leading advocate for blue blood degeneracy

A-Smith likes this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I’m sure we would have lost to Florida and maybe Alabama with Springer. But him being out of the lineup was a huge loss for us. Really hope Pons’s sprains were minor.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just be happy, for once. We just beat the shit out of a ranked, national basketball powerhouse.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Oh, shut the [uck fay] up, coming in here and chastising me, especially since it seems you haven't been reading the comments from this game. Seriously, piss off if you're going to do this.

The Dooz and IP like this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He got benched for being too passive and it worked

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Kansas missed a significantly above average number of shots today, but when this team makes their open looks, they are very, very good.

sbradle4 likes this.
  11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Couldn’t watch today, but I heard Heupel got boo’d at the game today... can anyone confirm? If so, that’s low rent. I’m not crazy about the hire but good lord...

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not going to boo a dude for taking the job. Good grief.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

A caller on Basilio’s postgame show that was there said that he got a good ovation, probably the loudest of the night

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I searched Twitter and didn’t see anything about them booing.

15. juicemane

juicemane Member

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just to sum up the key pieces of this back and forth:

• We’ve had a rough few games the past week or so, but tonight, we looked great and were up 14 at half on what, a top 5 all time program? I ask a harmless, rhetorical, half joking question, directed at no one in particular, essentially asking if this means we are back to normal.

• You take it upon yourself to respond (surprise surprise), reading waaaaaaay too far into what was, again, a harmless, rhetorical, half joking question directed at no one in particular. And your response is essentially the same doom and gloom, it was just a half, blah blah blah

• I respond after the thorough ass kicking is complete, telling you it’s okay to just be happy about a dominant win against a good team.

• You tell me to [uck fay] off, claim I’m chastising you, and essentially throw a little temper tantrum.

You’re acting like a child.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, you were sarcastic and condescending, plainly obvious what you were doing, and now you are smugly and falsely passing it off as some humorous banter to make yourself look good. Don't have time for your bullshit. Piss off.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

lol here’s a 4 step program for recognizing that you’re being a narcissistic, defensive child:

1. Stop typing
    2. Read words 2-5 of your post
    3. Go back and read my original post, but this time without your narcissistic, “the world revolves around me” goggles on.
    4. Realize that my post was neither sarcastic, nor condescending (nor directed at you, or anyone else), and that I was just expressing surprise about our performance after how we’ve looked the previous 3 games. It’s all right there for you, man. If you can’t see it, it’s because you don’t want to admit you went overboard here.

Feel free to throw in a step 5 and apologize for going off the rails, if you’d like.

19. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I think it’s safe to say that having Springer in the lineup helps tremendously.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

That seems fair enough, although it’s not like we didn’t get any open shots while he was out—actually making them makes your basketball team look so much better

OneForVol likes this.