POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Killing dogs, sexual assault, vehicular homicide: worth the trouble. Racial injustice: whoa now, don't need that kind of heat from the conservative cancel culture types.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I was told canceling doesnt exist, so no idea what you are talking about.
    I do believe people took offense, wrong or right, and thought Kaeps actions were a slap in the face military. As I mentioned, he chose his platform and his employer chose to fire him, which is their right.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Calm down Nancy Reagan. The Tebow accomplishments was a joke. The point was if you're good people put up with your shit.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Intolerance? That's an pretty loose understanding of the term. Wilson liked a post saying if someone else other than Trump won they'd "lose their country". So, whose "intolerance" are we questioning here? His, of people who vote for Biden or others, who don't like his vote for Trump? Or, is it someone is criticizing him for the reason he is voting the way he does? Who really cares here, though? I mean, the stretch for outrage is silly here. I guess it's a slow day for the Professional Grievance Crew people like Shapiro.

But, yes, to your question. If we are to expand the universe of people to random Twitter folk, I can always find Democrat players being attacked, as I can for just about anything. Most people don't go searching for it, though.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ah, so you think it is people's right to voice that they have taken offense to this guy now. Right? I mean, you aren't a hypocrite, right?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not when it comes to race/social justice issues.

7. Ssmiff

I dont think its right for people to attack others due to how they vote, and try to affect their lives due to it. Keep rationalizing it and calling me a hypocrite. I can deal with it. Used to it from a couple of you.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Explain the difference between people taking offense with Kaepernick and people taking offense with Wilson. What distinction are you seeing?

9. Ssmiff

One is for their political lean, the other is not. One is for a tweet, the other is for an action, viewed by some as disrespectful to the military, and people (mostly conservatives) will stick up for military at all costs.
    You won't see the difference, because you don't want to, and will deflect to something else so save us the time and just move on

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

That's projection, though. I support freedom. That includes the freedom to kneel. If I thought my military service was in the service of freedom, I can't see how I would want to also reduce someone else's freedom to kneel. Protesting the country is the highest form of freedom we can allow. And kneeling at a football game during a song is about as mild a protest of government as can be.

11. Ssmiff

He was an employee. If your boss doesn't want you kneeling in the lunchroom everyday and you do it anyway, you will be fired. If your customers move to another supplier because they don't want to deal with you, you will be fired. Why do the rules change for a millionaire employee.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Uhhhh, LeBron James says "hello."

Unless we are only talking NFL here?

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He’s not good.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

One (Kaep) seemed to be using the NFL spotlight as a platform to push a political message. The other just liked something on Twitter (admittedly, I have no idea what the Wilson guy did or didn't do and am basing my understanding of it 100% on what I've seen posted in this thread).

Using his employer as a platform seems to be the difference.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Perhaps you don't see the similarity because you don't want to, either. You never really seem to understand the specific type of outrages you push, i.e. people say mean stuff or criticize you for political positions, are ones which could go either way.

I'm still not understanding why some random Twitter commentary about Wilson is anything of note.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Compared to who?

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

They don't. And the rules don't change for the people who shop at that employer's business, either. And those rules mean that we, the people, have a right to avoid shopping that business, and have the right to inform you of our decision.

You seem to want to absolve the employer, but be mad at the customer. If the employer gets to act their way, the customers get to act their way. It isn't a "cancel culture." It's the customer's right, as it has always been.

19. Ssmiff

Yeah you pegged it uni. It's me who can't see things for what they are. And you are showing more outrage at me bringing up a man being attacked for liking a tweet, than I am about the whole deal, which sums up a lot. If you dont agree, I dont care.

20. Ssmiff

I didn't recall this. Poor ole kaep just protesting. Can't see why his employer or fans would have a problem with this. Said nobody except the looney left.

21. Ssmiff

Right and kaep has a right to pick his pig socks and protest over keeping a job. He made his choice. Your boss doesn't have to put up with shit from you and can fire you anytime he wants. Because he's the boss and you answer to him.