POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Yes, a multi-billion dollar company decided to pay out a seven figure settlement to make a problem go away. Seems like good business to me.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

And I've answered 3 times. Why are you supposed to care you ask? I don't give a shit if you do. Some people may think it's bullshit to pick apart people based on political lean regarding liking of a tweet. I wouldn't expect you to care because you do the same. Labeled him a douchy Trumper, and you know nothing about him. Get over yourself.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

But didn't do so in instances of vehicular homicide, beating wives, sexual assault, etc. But kneeling and disagreeing with killing black people? Can't have it. Pay the money.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You brought it to the board. You.

So, fine, just replace "I" with "we" and tell me, us, whatever, why we are supposed to care about this tweet. You found it meaningful enough to bring it to us, so I'm asking why. As I said, I can find a tweet about anything. What makes this relevant?

5. Ssmiff

It's "MY FACEBOOK FEED" thread. He was just drafted, and it came across MY FEED. If you don't want people to post what comes across their facebook feed in the my facebook feed thread, stay the [uck fay] out of it. If you don't care what people post in the my facebook feed, don't respond 8 times to it. If you want to qualify posts based on relevancy to you, go ahead. Your relevancy qualification is irrelevant to me.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah I do think that nfl teams would rather give these guys a go than bring in a non-sure-thing that also brings along a controversial side-show

7. JohnnyQuickkick

Did they kick out everybody who did it?

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Reason #1,000,000 for why claiming that LE in America is systemically racist is a bad idea... it helps lead to stuff like this:

https://www.tmz.com/2021/05/04/woman-racist-tirade-latino-cop-traffic-stop-calls-him-murderer/

Why do we think this woman felt compelled to repeat, ad nauseum, that this police officer was a racist and a murderer despite him politely trying to do his job?

But yeah. Pig socks on TV = liking a tweet.

Possibly the biggest question from the whole exchange - how old is the kid? Hopefully old enough to realize how disgracefully his mother was acting. Hopefully not young enough to internalize the drivel she's spouting about the police officer being racist and a murderer.

9. Unimane

I. DONT. GIVE. A. [uck fay]. WHAT. YOU. POST.

I'm not here to tell you what to post, or not post, about on this board. But, you posted it on a discussion board and clearly sympathized with a position, so I assumed discussion was the objective here.

So, in consideration of this idea for discussing ideas, my question was why this tweet was meaningful. I'll reframe it however the point best gets through the interwebs, but you felt the tweet notable enough to bring it here and criticize it, labeling it an example of lefties "trying to ruin" Wilson. I disagree on the face of it.

In your estimation, am I right or wrong in this determination? If I'm wrong where am I wrong for not taking this tweet as meaningful?

10. Ssmiff

EVIDENTLY YOU DO! As you have questioned if this was worth a post, based on it's "meaningfulness" to you. You deny it means anything, so your many posts about it defy logic. Are we to only post topics under the consideration of "I wonder if this is meaningful to uni"? Start your own site if that's what you want. I'm sure you could get 2 or 3 to follow you over.
    And yes, for the at least 4th time, i don't think a player, this one just drafted, should be called out, accused and labeled as a douchy trumper, or douchy biden lover, and have to defend themselves based on who they voted for. I don't think anyone should be shamed for voting who they voted for. Have I shamed you for voting for Obama? Hillary? Have I shamed anyone for how they vote. No. If you don't think the tweet and many ugly responses associated with it is fine, or you think labeling him a douchy trumper is fine because he thinks differently than you, go for it.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd say pig socks are way less of a thing than liking a tweet. Socks? Come on.

12. Ssmiff

Really? Wearing attire showing cops as "pigs", while police are being hunted down and attacked, is the same as liking a tweet about voting for a republican? You can't be serious. Some true brainwashing if you are.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think they are both pretty much nothing, but one media and the other is... a sock.

What do you mean brainwashing? Who brainwashed me, when, and to believe what and for what purpose?

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Oh noooo, Zach Wilson is going to get cancelled just like Tom Brady did.

SetVol13 likes this.
  15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

And Nick Bosa. Cancelled his ass good

16. Unimane

You don't think he should be called out, but, as I've repeatedly mentioned, I can find a tweet for any athlete, actor, public figure, etc. calling them out for their vote. What makes this tweet about Wilson different than any other tweet I can find about those figures votes, other than Ben Shapiro decided to use this tweet as grievance device for his shitty new publication? Otherwise, always the silliness like "start your own site if that's what you want". You are making a determination on the value of this tweet, the same as me. But, nowhere did I say you shouldn't post it. You are merely trying to manipulate this into me saying you shouldn't rather than me making a discussion as to the inherent importance or power of this tweet.

And, he's a douchy Trumper not because of who he voted for, but why he voted for him. "Vote for Trump or we won't have a country" is significantly different than "I like candidate X for policies y and z", especially, if the "won't have a country" logic is based upon demagoguery, lies and fear peddling. I'm not sure why you think this would be above approach, particularly since you aren't exactly one to hold your tongue on people expressing the "why", either.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

This thread is basically if the Two Spider Men and Old Man Yells at Cloud memes had a baby

warhammer likes this.
  18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

They did have a baby, that baby was Mark Zuckerberg

19. Unimane

You misspelled "site".

20. Ssmiff

Police were being and are hunted down daily. Dirty pigs written by vandals on cars and buildings. Precincts attacked. Cars vandalized. And you want to call it just a sock instead of a statement and compare it to liking a tweet about who to vote for. I dont know who would make you think that way or why. Maybe you just did it to yourself, pissed off and lashing out at how your grew up, but it's an ass backwards way to process and rationalize. "Just poor ole kaep kneeling and people who don't like it support blacks being killed"...blah blah backwards ass thought process in full effect