POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm not showing any outrage. I'm asking you why this is important, but you can't tell me because your primary interest is always to be defensive and lash out, which also relates to your choice in outrage in the news. We are probably two posts away from your usual "That's what I believe and you can't change my mind!" tantrum, as well. Meanwhile, I'm asking a simple straight forward question. Can you answer without resorting to passive aggressive silliness?

So, I'll say it again. Some random Twitter people criticizing Wilson for liking a MAGA tweet about losing America if Democrats win isn't a big deal, nor "cancel culture", nor worth outrage or a stupid Ben Shapiro scandal article is his garbage rag. Wilson appears to be a douchy Trumpy who believes his bullshit about Democrats trying to ruin America and probably nonsense about stolen elections. Don't care. Wilson will still have a job and I'll still watch the NFL. I'd even cheer for him if he played for the Packers. I did for Mark Chmura. Fortunately, he doesn't.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

And any customers who that offends can then inform that boss, that due to that action, they want nothing to do with their product.

We're in agreement.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Uni talks about my "outrage and defensiveness" while being defensive and lashing out. It's not very important uni. And I would have the same thought if there was a natl article talking about how a player liked a tweet by Biden.
    Your mentions of Shapiro and Wilson being a douchy trumpy are perfect though. Yeah, you aren't outraged, lashing out or defensive, Mr oblivious

4. Unimane

Thank you for proving me correct. Yes, my outrage is palpable there with a vicious "don't care". Can barely contain myself.

I do have one question; what national article was there about a tweet by Wilson, other than the one by Shapiro?

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Starting qbs in the nfl who don’t come with a controversial sideshow

6. Ssmiff

I saw it on outkick. But hes a "douchy Trumper" so who cares.
    And I'm not being defensive or lashing out when I say I don't care if you disagree. People disagree, and I will often disagree with someone as far left as you on many subjects. Yet it is you who has a problem when I, or anyone labeled as middle or conservative, do disagree with you. You can't handle it and it shows, repeatedly.

7. Unimane

No, I don't have a problem with you disagreeing on a point. My issue with you has always been the way in which you argue, which is quite often not about the point. For example, instead of arguing the point of a topic, you'll, instead, belabor some idea about "bias" or "you just can't see it" as a byline to try and cut off discussion. As I've said many times, I'm either right or wrong and one should be able to argue on those lines. You just employ too many of these silly devices which aren't really arguments, just ways to avoid the argument.

And, I do this with you, not the other conservatives on the board, because they don't do these things. I disagree with them, but they don't say shit like "this is what I believe and you can't change my mind" or "you're just biased", allowing yourself to completely ignore an argument. Or, you doing things like repeatedly harping on me saying "douchy Trumper" while oblivious to you saying "looney left" a few posts earlier. That's my issue, not your political bent.

As for the more substantive thing, Outkick is a righty, pro-Trump sports site. They weren't the national publication criticizing Wilson's tweets. In fact, no national publications, to my knowledge, have written articles doing so, only some obscure Twitter page. I can find obscure Twitter pages for anything. Why am I supposed to be concerned about this one, much less buy into your original accusation the left is "trying to ruin his life"?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is political about not killing people? Like, what political group supports police killing people?

9. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

He wasn’t back balled. The Ravens were on the verge of signing Kaepernick in august 2017. That was until his girlfriend went on Twitter and posted a meme basically calling Ravens owner a Slave Master.

justingroves likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

What is your argument uni? Which is it, that I'm making a big deal out of it? Because you've made it a bigger deal. Is it that I'm wrong to say it's wrong to do? Or is your point that Wilson is a douchy Trumper and deserves whatever he gets. Really I don't have a clue what you are arguing about, but you bring up Shapiro, defensiveness, lashing out and other bullshit so whatever your point is gets clouded. So, wtf is your point that I'm supposedly arguing about?

11. Ssmiff

And this is a message board. If you are going to monitor posts depending on what is or isn't a big deal to you, and what should or shouldn't be to others, first, delete 75% of the posts. I dont think margarita talk or carrot cake oreos qualifies for discussion as to your "importance" scale.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Explain how the Redskins didn't pick him up when they had gone through 4 or 5 QBs and were starting a guy from arena league who had been on the roster for less than a week with no backups.

13. Unimane

Jesus, how is this hard? I've asked directly at least three times.

Why am I supposed to care about this obscure tweet about Wilson?

The "douchy Trumper" was a point about me not caring what Wilson said in regards to playing in the NFL. Like the rest of the post, it was quite clear. But, the question above was the point.

14. Johnny Utah

I’ll let LeSean McCoy sum it up

“It's a lot more than just he's not on the team because he doesn't want to stand for the national anthem," McCoy said Thursday. "That may have something to do with it, but I think also it has a lot to do with his play. I'm sure a lot of teams wouldn't want him as a quarterback. That chaos that comes along with it, it's a lot.

"As a team, trying to win and not have a distraction on the team, I just take that as a player -- there's certain players that could be on the team with big distractions, and there's other players that it's not good enough or not worth it. I think his situation is not good enough to have him on the team with all the attention that comes along with it. I'm sure if a guy like [Tom] Brady or a guy like whoever is your favorite player -- Odell Beckham or a guy like that -- you'll deal with that attention and play him."

15. Johnny Utah

And are you talking about this past season? Because you know the NFL went out of their way to setup a private workout for him. A lot of teams sent representatives to the workout. But Kaepernick and crew showed up late and announced that they were going to hold their own workout and at separate location. A lot of the scouts just left without going to the workout because they could see it for the circus sideshow that it was.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

So the statement is “he’s not good compared to starting QBs in the NFL who don’t come with a controversial sideshow”.

Here’s some the starting QBs in the NFL since 2017:

Deshone Kizer
    David Blough
    Jake Lutton
    Taylor Heinicke
    Ben DiNucci
    Josh Johnson
    Phillip Walker

These are all better starting QBs than Colin Kaepernick?

I can keep going. Just let me know.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

According to Ray Lewis.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wonder why the NFL did that, and settled for an undisclosed amount with him on that lawsuit. Must be because they just didn't want to deal with him, right?

19. Unimane

I'm asking you why it's a big deal. As in, I'm asking for your [uck fay]ing opinion. How do you not follow these conversations and, instead, come up with this shit all the time?

But, monitoring like you do in the basketball boards regarding coaching and "positive attitude"? I'm not doing that here. I'm not telling you what to discuss or say, just that you to keep it focused on actual points of arguments. Say whatever point you want. But, if you are addressing me or a point of mine, without actually addressing the point, I will continue to note you doing so.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You know that's not all this was about. No sane, serious person supports police killing people (aside from the rare cases in which them doing so is justified).

People took issue with the approach. They sawing kneeling during the flag as disrespectful to the military, they didn't like the message that was being sent about the country as a whole (it's the narrative still being pushed today, that America, in general, is systemically racist), and they didn't like the grouping of all police officers into that group of "murderers/racists."

Most people are on board with holding individuals accountable for their actions. You lose a lot of folks once you start saying that the actions of some individuals represent the entire country or entire police force.