COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Was just clarifying that it wasn't one of the first 2.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Anderson County closed tomorrow because of illness.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Just about everywhere seems to be finding heart issues related to the 3rd and 4th doses to be way lower than the 1st or 2nd.

A Danish study found higher incidence of myocarditis (though mild) from Moderna.

It probably wasn't vaccine related, as men in the mid-30s to mid-50s seem to be at higher risk of sudden cardiac arrest than at other previous points in their lives, but, it's always the last medical thing we do that we attribute, it seems.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Knox County was closed today and also closed tomorrow.

The school my wife teaches at had already eclipsed the 10% mark on Thursday afternoon for active student cases and was well on the way to the 20% mark on Friday. Also had about a third of the teachers out without subs on Friday.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Moderna is lower dosage according to the pharmacist that shot me up (just in Canada?).

6. fl0at_

Yea. Same vaccine. Longer period since last inoculation. And half the dosage.

Everything that says... it should be handled well.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That’s one helluva coincidence.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Humans look for patterns. They sometimes see some that aren't there.

Do you associate the flu with heart problems? You should, 6 times more likely with or shortly after the flu. That's orders of magnitude higher than with these vaccines. 8 times more likely with covid itself.

Daddy Gee likes this.
  9. fl0at_

Not really. Sudden death by anything is so uncommon, we tend to attribute it to something we did recently, but that is rarely the cause. We do this for: jogging, sex, a heavy night drinking, some medical thing.

But it's usually a result of a ticking time bomb that has been ticking for a while, we just didn't know about it because medicine is reactive and not proactive.

10. CardinalVol

Half of the original dose is what I was told.

11. CardinalVol

Daughters school had 100 out yesterday. Son said his class had 4 out plus a teacher.

Wouldn't be totally shocked if Maryville schools got a 3 or 4 day weekend this week.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I don't expect Knox County to go at all this week.

Crazy thing is that Knox County spent a shit ton of money so that every kid could have a Chromebook and they could do virtual classes when they have to close for illness/weather. They do not do that when they close for illness/weather.

13. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Virtual school on snow days? I thought this was America.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

They did it a couple of times last year. I didn't make my son do anything and let him take the "absence" and would do the same thing now, it's just funny that they spent all of the money and then don't use the devices for the reason they were purchased.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Pretty sure the state legislature passed laws preventing virtual learning, but I could be mistaken that they actually passed. I know it has at least been discussed though.

16. CardinalVol

You can request an exemption for certain temporary situations.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my kid's school offered hybrid for the first week. it's a shitstorm i feel like. either go full virtual or no virtual.

justingroves, fl0at_ and IP like this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Brutal on teachers to do hybrid.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. fl0at_

Yup. Just pick one.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yup.