14 Dead, 50 injured in CO theater shooting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volfanjo, Jul 20, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, I agree. Monday we'll hear all about it. My very Left friend was on a tirade about it on the way to the theater last night. The 3000 rounds of ammo bought at once online really ticks him off. Especially for a guy who had just become a gun owner. It did seem like this guy could go from a un-armed citizen to a Soldier of Fortune pretty **** quickly without any sort of warning, all while withdrawing from school unexpectedly.

I guess a Big Brother state would have its costs too, though.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is more than what we've gotten from the other two jokers I linked.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How did this guy get ahold of tear gas?

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You will hear from the Fringe of both sides:

He had guns; we need more gun controls.

He was Agnostic; we need more religion.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Fwiw, warren has since at least implied on twitter that the tweet in question wasn't related to this. Hs also deleted it. Don't really expect anyone who has made their mind up one way or the other to change it, but just updating the story.

Edit - as someone here who follows warren more than anyone else here I guess, trust me when I say that if he did mean that tweet in regards to this shooting, he would not have backed down from it.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is possible, but I highly doubt it.

10. CardinalVol

He is a very random tweeter at times. Trust me, it's possible.

Like I said, I don't expect anyone to change their mind, but if it was in reference to that, he wouldn't have backed down.

11. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

OK, this guy was an unemployed student. How does this guy get all the money to acquire all of the weapons, ammunition, clothing and explosives? The weapons they have described and the amount of ammunition and other things cost quite a bit. How does he get the training to build these devices in his apartment that even bomb control guys had never seen? The more I think about this the more it causes me to pause and really look at it. Why did he just give up at the scene and not shoot it out with the police? Why did he use the phrase and I paraphrase, there might be explosives and booby traps in his apartment? If this guy was really try to kill all the people he could, why did he not shoot it out and why did he tell him about the things in his apartment? It just doesn't all add up. I seeing black helicopters.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

The dude is crazy. There isn't a deeper meaning to it.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Saw a thing on facebook that said, "Remember: 65 million legal gun owners didn't kill anyone yesterday." I replied that 64,999,999 legal gun owners didn't, and 1 kill 14. I hate how political this is about to get.

14. Oldvol75

I agree he's crazy, but how did he get all the stuff? Your talking 15 -20 K to get everything. I didn't have those kinds of funds available when I was in college, did you?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, but we're from the South. If there is one thing I have noticed, it is that folks in the NE, CA, and a few other places seem to have a lot more family wealth than we do/did, haha

16. Oldvol75

From what they have shown of his families home, It didn't look like they were that wealthy. Very modest home.

17. CardinalVol

I did miss something. Did he tell people his apt was booby-trapped, or how did they get that?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

He told them.

I just think that he pussed out, after the shooting.

19. Oldvol75

I believe he told them either "might be" or "possibly" booby trapped. Kind of like he didn't really know for sure.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know. I mean, what are you saying? Couldn't he just have racked up debt, knowing he wasn't going to be paying it back?