2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 17, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Very fair point

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How open are we talking here?

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

On how many attempts?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some people don't understand sample size.

Indy likes this.
  5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He’s a [uck fay]ing clown.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

misery loves company. It's easy to show up and show ass after an L, which is why you see people posting who haven't posted in the forum in months. Not just here but every message board. Weird human nature/psychology 101 action, makes some feel better.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The comments about Barnes’s inability to develop a big man are bold with both BHH and Aidoo already on the roster and playing decent minutes despite being very raw talents. He could literally develop one or both of them as early as next year. He could also not, but it just seems like an odd hill to die on if you watched this season.

8. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Tell me more about how Chandler isn’t elite.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, as if I needed another reason not to sign on to Facebook, I now cannot open the app without seeing Juwan [uck fay]ing Howard hugging a sobbing Kennedy Chandler. [uck fay] that guy.

10. KyleAlexanderfan

Lol

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You literally cannot point to a post where I said “Chandler isn’t elite.” It doesn’t exist.

But if you try, you’ll pull isolated posts about the Villanova game, specifically, in which he shot 1/9 from the field, 0/2 from 3 and scored 6 points, all of which is far from elite, on an individual game basis.

You should do that and continue to show everyone who doesn’t already have you on ignore how much of a moron you are.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You showed you don’t understand sample size during the Lofton/Powell discussion (LOL) a while back, and you’re showing it here again.

33% on <2 attempts per game is not the same thing as 35-36% on 4+ attempts per game. JJJ shoots 5.4 a game. Zeigler shoots 3.6. Chandler shoots 3.8. Vescovi shoots 7.2.

That you continue to act as though their big man shooting 3/5 from 3 against us is not surprising while refusing to acknowledge that us shooting 2/18 from 3 is incredibly odd for this team, regardless of opponent or how open or not open all the shots were, is… well… par for the course with you, I guess.

13. KyleAlexanderfan

LOL

14. KyleAlexanderfan

Ermegawd not the ignore button!!!

15. Ssmiff

Now we are not only poo poo on the title fans complained about not having for 4 decades, but also beating Ky for the 2nd time to knock them out means nothing. Emotion over perspective is never correct.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Too bad Float doesn't care about basketball.

17. KyleAlexanderfan

Ok Indy. Go ahead and use your ignore button.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, I don't buy the whole "we didn't have to beat anyone to win the SEC title" just because UK lost their next game to a 15 seed. That stance assumes UK was overrated, which is a stance that isn't backed up by the facts.

Other, more easily defensible stances include "they took St Peter's lightly because they're UK," and "We [uck fay]ing broke them and took their souls by beating them twice in a row." But their record and resume speak for themselves.

19. Ssmiff

Cal has been known to not study and prep for the early opponents in the tourney.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I notice that you're just trolling at this point, rather than providing support for your position that I claimed Chandler isn't elite, or that 33% on 2 attempts per game = 35/36% on 4-5 attempts per game.

It's also even funnier that you mention 33% because that's not what his percentage was coming into this game. He was 18/58 on the season coming into the round of 32 game against us, which is 31%. That's what we were preparing for. Less than 1 made 3 per game on less than 2 attempts per game. And that's how few 3's this guy takes and makes... so few that 1 good game skews his season average by 2% lol