2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 17, 2022.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

He was also at 39% earlier in the year. You wanna talk small sample size without being a idiot then look at Nkamhoua who shot 44% this year. 63 attempts on the year and 2 per game isn’t a small sample size.

He’s going to play in the NBA because he can hit that shot now.

But please, continue to tell me Chandler isn’t elite.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Also when every year is a new collection of random talent, sometimes it clicks, sometimes it don't. I think that type of team tends to wilt under pressure.

3. KyleAlexanderfan

He’s a monster in the post yet apparently he needs to shoot 6 3’s a game to prove to Indy he can stretch the defense.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Somewhat off-topic, but do any mods know if KAF has posted on this board and VN under a different name? I've been suspicious for a while, but some of the responses in here make me think I might be right.

5. KyleAlexanderfan

I don’t know, why don’t you ask him?

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I imagine it would be a waste of time because I'd not get an accurate answer.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hes simply explaining why coaches would rather double the ball and give that shot to a guy who hits one every 2 or 3 games, but you are to into being right and being a [Penis] to learn something that's common sense for most.

8. KyleAlexanderfan

Ok

9. KyleAlexanderfan

Yeah that’s not what happened.

10. KyleAlexanderfan

But let’s keep pretending we left a John Fulkerson shooter unguarded and he just lucked into a few 3’s.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Eh, Dickinson shooting 58 threes and hitting over 30% means he's not immune to hitting an outside shot. He hit 3 or more threes in a game three times this season, so it isn't like seeing Bigfoot for him to do so. He hit a three in almost half their games. Plus, him making three threes isn't what lost us this game.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Enjoying the witch hunt for finding who ordered the open man.

13. KyleAlexanderfan

Pretty sure the point was it’s 3-4 years too late. We needed them this year but he’s whiffed on big men year after year. Obviously we can all see Aidoo and BHH will develop into great players if they stick around.

14. KyleAlexanderfan

Plavsic straight up left or dared him to shoot on at least 2 of the makes.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This was your OP:

You were trying to make the case that he's a better 3 point shooter than he actually is by comparing his percentage to that of "most of our team." That case is not based in any sort of reality because 33% (it's actually 31%) on a much smaller number of attempts cannot be properly juxtaposed with 35-36% on a significantly higher number of attempts.

He was 31% on less than 2 attempts per game entering the game with us. "Most of our team" shoots it at 35-36% on more than double the attempts (and that's just as individuals). If you want to claim his sample size isn't small, that's fine. Relative to "most of our team," it's extremely small. Do you want to specify what you meant when you said "most of our team" so that I can show you how small?

No idea what Nkamhoua has to do with this conversation. NYY can bone a guy who has a 1 inch peen, but it doesn't suddenly mean his 2 inch peen is large.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Shooting 60% from 3 on 5 attempts isn't "stretching the defense," you [uck fay]ing idiot.

17. KyleAlexanderfan

wrong.

18. KyleAlexanderfan

You’re a clown, lol.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He hit a 3 in literally 1/3 of their games, on the dot. Don't overstate it. The guy hit a 3 in 10 out of 30 games this season.

Do we need to put a man on him? Absolutely. Is it likely that, if we don't, he's gonna hit 3/5 attempts? Absolutely not.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You didn't see Plavsic's earpiece? Rick was definitely telling him to leave the guy wide open.