Elon Musk is in “Bonkersland”?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 25, 2018.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Is bot data considered IP? Would be an interesting argument to make.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

User data, which includes bot data, is property of the company it is given to. That's why they have mile long privacy and user agreements.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The bot data though could make a social media site look way more impressive (user wise) than it actually is and since it's not real users I would think that is something that should be shared and not be scared to share or hide. That's just my opinion and it's probably wrong.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

That sounds right to me. That's why it was weird when Musk waived investigating that prior to putting in his bid, while explicitly talking about how he was going to get rid of all the bots.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The guy is just weird and a lot of what he does makes little to no sense but somehow he usually manages to land on his feet. I am thinking he has buyers remorse and is taking a page from the louis vuitton playbook.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I'm thinking he got caught up in the meme and didn't think through how long it would take to make 50 billion dollars off of twitter. It's surely not worth that much.

zehr27 likes this.
  7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If he already owns the shares I don’t see how he can sell them without triggering an alert. It’s not remotely plausible. These things are easy to track and they’ll know if he doesn’t own it anymore.

yes all rich people are evil for evil sake and no amount of money is enough to not risk going to jail. Got it. Makes sense to me.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  8. fl0at_

They filed that it was like 5%.

They aren't scared to share, since they've shared.

This is whether someone's PERSONAL belief should compel a private company to share MORE than they already have.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

hard to believe it’s only 5 percent

10. fl0at_

Great. That's called a personal belief.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think he is saying what they are sharing is inaccurate and is asking for more information to back up what they are saying. He waived basically all due diligence from what I understand so he may be wasting his time on this. I will say the firm he hired doesn't take a case they think is a total loser so maybe there is something I am not seeing here.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If they are lying though couldn't it be considered misleading information that could lead to a material breach of the contract?

13. fl0at_

Firms take cases to take 1/3rd of a judgement or settlement, or bill legal fees. It has nothing to do with win or loss, they get paid anyway.

Twitter has shared additional data with him, as he requested. That's the "more information" he asked for. He got it.

14. fl0at_

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is saying he didn't. I guess a court will decide that now but I am guessing a settlement comes out of this before a court even gets to decide. Also the firm he hired will want to win this or get a good settlement. It's a huge reputation booster.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it’s a belief held by every Twitter analyst on Wall Street too

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

No way that could be true.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that Twitter underestimates fake accounts?

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'm guessing they do to some degree. I was just kidding.

droski likes this.