POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You realize this wasn't a presidential election cycle, right? These state and local level elections have multiple ones which don't end on election night every two years (and more) and always have.

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

No I did not realize this wasn’t a presidential election cycle!

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

But speaking of presidential election cycles, I’m sure you were going around jumping anyone who dare favor Florida improve its overall election process in determining a winner in 2000 when Bush eeked it out over Gore. “It’s not about the time! Florida is doing just fine with their elections!” Can see it now

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Encouraging news. If anyone can help out Arizona election improve moving forward perhaps it is this Marine Vet.

5. Unimane

You make a lot of assumptions for which you know nothing about, nor bother to check to see if you're right.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Just testing out your logic man. As if you care anymore than I do about “secure and fair” elections. I just want to know the results faster. That’s all this is about

7. Unimane

No, this is about you saying this is incompetence and creates suspicion of "bad actors", foul play, and other shit, about you saying finishing on election day is of paramount importance, and me saying I disagree and this doesn't demonstrate a concern for the integrity of the election. This also isn't anything unusual:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

What a shit run state when it comes to knocking out the vote count. Stunning incompetence. Appreciate the visual showing how long these sloths take to count their votes. Have a graphic displaying how many precincts run out of printer toner each Arizona election?

9. Unimane

When did they get the count wrong? When did they have issues with disenfranchising voters? When did they have an issue with corruption in the vote? When did they have controversies with who was elected? These are the only real concerns. Keep in mind, most of those years, nearly all, in fact, they elected Republican after Republican, to no one's consternation over the length of the vote count.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Dude you can get the right count, not disenfranchise voters, and hold a non corrupt election while…wait for it…figuring out who won an election *on election night*! That’s all I’m advocating here. Have some higher expectations in your government. Wanting all these things is perfectly normal and reasonable.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I do not think one can be sure to always be finished on election night. This is rarely the case anywhere when an election is tight.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

FTR Florida still isn't done counting votes

13. Unimane

I know what you're advocating. What you haven't demonstrated is why it's important to do so on election night over a little lengthier count.

14. Unimane

New York has an undecided election, too. Pretty much every state still has some votes trickling in their offices of some sort, which they'll count.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You can expect better than only 60% of all votes being counted 24 hours after an election. And you can expect the largest county in a state to not report 70/220 of its precincts to have printing toner malfunctions. Many in this thread, including you, were commenting on Tuesday that Arizona isn’t exactly overly impressive when it comes to operating elections. “It’s always the same places” I believe was your quote

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If states wanted ways to speed up counting, they'd start processing mail in ballots before election day, but then people would say it's suspicious and allow the chance for people to get a sneak peek at the results and stuff the ballot box, never mind the fact that those ballots are under lock and key at all times and observers from both political parties watch the counts. But Trump said it rigged and fraudulent so here we are.

IP likes this.
  17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I guess I just have higher expectations here than you. As if you have demonstrated why Arizona is crushing it when it comes to being the gold standard of election management competence. It’s also not like you have proven why places like Florida are actually worse at holding elections than Arizona.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yes state legislators should and could strive to streamline the process of counting mail in ballots. All part of my larger point here. And [uck fay] Trump, he’s not even in government anymore.

19. Unimane

I've also made none of these arguments. You're just responding to respond, not bothering to understand the argument, it seems. What's the point in discussing this further, if so?

IP likes this.
  20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

To paraphrase you said something like “Arizona elections could be more free and secure than states like Tennessee and Florida who knock out almost the entirety their vote counts within hours of polls closing”. Everything posed has been unanswered open ended questions. You aren’t understanding my argument of desiring literally everything you want in holding safe and secure elections that don’t disenfranchise any eligible voter who wants to participate in our democracy, while also wanting to streamline the time it takes to arrive to the conclusion of how an election unfolded. Walking and chewing gum at the same time. Beyond reasonable to hold an opinion as innocuous as that.

But I digress, I’m more than happy on my end to conclude this riff