Willie Martinez

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 19, 2022.

1. sbradle4

sbradle4 Member

Yep

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Maybe he prefers Grey Poupon.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Two words. Mark Richt

4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

We're getting off topic. Let's get back to who we are firing

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We got our shit kicked. If Heupel has any balls he will do what Dabo did to Steele after the 2012 Orange bowl. Do you [uck fay]ing job Chumlee

yont sum iss? and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He needs to do it. You get schooled by a bad team and an even worse offense, you're fired.

justingroves and zehr27 like this.
  7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes. This.

Tonight was a fireable offense and I'm not even exaggerating. People should lose their jobs. We've had two years of the same exact problems on defense.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Those shots of our defense on 3rd downs are something else. And we don’t look for guys breaking off routes or coming into a zone. We just watch them do it and stay 10 yards away. Hope they overthrow it. I don’t care if you have walkons. It’s doesn’t have to be all man to man aggressive or prevent. In between is fine

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  9. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

This is how I feel as well.

I like what we are trying to do, but the execution has just not been there.

10. Ssmiff

i don’t like it at all. Bend but don’t break soft stuff and hope to hold them to a fg like a mediocre nfl team tries to do. Give up qb runs still. Telegraph pressure. Telegraph defenses and give them the soft spots. Aren’t around wrs when the ball comes. I don’t know what y’all see.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Also, it needs to be pointed out that he's crippled Young's pass rush ability with those stupid looping stunts. The man is a freak that few tackles can contain but Banks throws him at the teeth of the line.

justingroves likes this.
  12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Man, one bad game and it’s back to name calling the coach. Tough crowd

Let’s be real, we weren’t winning a natty with that DB room. None of those guys would ever touch the field except in garbage time at any of the current top 3 teams.

There’s a reason Vegas had the o/u at 7.5 wins

IP and Memtownvol like this.
  13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If you think this is a one game reaction from me on Martinez then you need to read everything I said about him when he was here the first time. He's a terrible coach.

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Was responding to the “Chumlee” thing. Forgot to quote it

15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Learn to internet , damnit

16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It's not just one bad game with Martinez. The lack of pressure from 4 and blitzes is hurting.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If they can get a known (good) commodity at DC then I would definitely be for that.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Still angry.

DBs can't cover, tackle, and half the time are out of position. What do they do at practice? I seriously don't get it.

19. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Man I just can’t believe I saw us look like THAT with everything to play for against a mediocre team. That was an all time horrible TN game last night. And that’s saying a lot.

utvol0427, Tar Volon and awebb7 like this.
  20. Ssmiff

I’ve been off Banks since last year when we didn’t adjust last year on qb runs. I’m tired of the have no talent excuse. SC played multiple true freshmen at db and lb last night. He either puts players in man to man who can’t play it, or just has everyone sit back and hope the offense makes a mistake. We are 2 scores down and dropping 35 yards deep at safety and not even looking for someone coming into our zone.