COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Why bring up Reagan as if he he did something wrong not knowing all the information yet, but not “expert” Fauci responsible for advising him? You know, someone who was very much a part of the incorrect govt decisions made in that that era who managed to survive nearly another 40 years after that fiasco? If only you and all the revisionist libs/LGBT lefty progressive activists nowadays who LOVE to solely blame and fixate on Reagan (after all he was a homophobic monster who loved seeing the gays die, am I right?) for AIDS were there to explain all the things they didn’t know yet.

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Magic Johnson had to retire from the NBA years later, and it probably wasn't because his teammates thought he would initiate sexual contact during the games.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

True, he had more important stuff to do like deal with his seemingly impending mortality at the time.

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Maybe for the initial retirement. He was going to return the next season, but teammates and other players were like, "Nah, I'm good" in case they got abrasions simultaneously and, IDK, passionately rubbed them together for a few minutes or something.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea I mean the social environment in part fostered by the Fauci’s of the world were not ideal at the time. No denying that

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Part of expertise is managing risk. You blame fauci for trying to contain risk and don’t blame Trump or Reagan who undermined that. And then hold fauci for things he couldn't know yet but not the others for disregarding what was known.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Dude, Trump was a racist xenophobe by “your side” for closing the borders to China early. Remember? Probably not. But yea, blaming people for trying to contain risks and such.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Delusional take, bud. I'd have to have not been alive to think fauci was responsible for people being afraid of aids and for the millions of deaths, simultaneously. How do you maintain these impossible conflicting beliefs?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I understand that you can only hope to score a point by shifting the conversations. It wasn't closing the border that was problematic, it was claiming the virus was from the Chinese and then Americans of Asian ancestry being attacked. It was pretending like closing the border would be a solution. Was the virus already around or was shutting the borders effective? Another contradictory set of views. Think critically.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You think i am solely blaming Fauci? Oof, rough look for you. Work on that reading comprehension, “professor”. I said he was “a part of it”. As in his pressers representing the US govt saying to not go around those with AIDS didn’t help the social environment. It should not be that difficult of a point to grasp, but alas you often surprise me.

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You are so full of shit sometimes. There are literal quotes criticizing the closure of the border as racist and xenophobic at the time. Don’t be an idiot.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/nancy-pelosi-visits-san-franciscos-chinatown/2240247/?amp=1

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

You smuggled in "solely." Sad, why are you not able to engage honestly? You just spent a whole post knocking down a claim you invented in the post.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did you read this? Are you claiming Biden closed the borders to China Town in SF?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Am I in this clip? Who ended up being right, Trump or Biden? Remember, this is Feb 2020. Trump's plan didn't work.

I cosign this speech. Right on, I forgot how correct Biden read on this was prior to it hitting here.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You and your ilk love denouncing Reagan over AIDS, but couldn’t give a shit about Fauci sucking ass with the AIDS epidemic. Is what it is. You are not not worth the time or energy. Time to focus on Duke.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hey, how did shutting down the border go for stopping covid?

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Saved a bunch of lives according to Lord Fauci. He might have been lying though

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

So you listen to him when it is something you like, but not when it isn't.

How about what biden said? Which part was wrong?

And why was Pelosi in China town, SF?