COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Why stop there?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Blaming Fauci is simply ignorance. People need a villain to blame.

3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Well, blaming him in the sense that it’s directly his fault as if he personally let it out the door of the lab would be ignorant, sure. But there’s plenty to be critical of Fauci on and it’s not at all conspiracy theory or fringe stuff.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

This is a silly take. A majority of Americans believe it was a lab leak and just want answers and to know what we’re funding around the world.

His actions on commissioning The Nature Magazine article that tried to debunk the lab leak theory and was used to shut down and censor discussion of the possibility. That along should catch him some heat.

ole_orange and HCKevinSteele like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

A majority of Americans believe a lot of stuff that isn't true and has no bearing on reality. My take is reasonable and also has the benefit of being true. I will defend it until evidence demonstrates it is false.

There is still no reason to believe it has to be a lab leak, and any talk about fauci funding gain of function requires conspiracy brained nonsense where modified mice is magically and suddenly "gain of function."

Majority of Americans believe what feels good.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

There's still no reason to believe it couldn't be a lab leak. People are going to believe what they want. They might as well because the absolute truth is never going to be known.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have never said it couldn't be. There is a huge difference in saying we don't know and saying it is a lab leak as if we did know, when there is evidence to the contrary as well.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

All anyone is ever going to have out of this is belief.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

And again, it’s only made worse because anyone who suggested it was a dumb stupid tin foil hat idiot moron

justingroves likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

No. One can not believe either and accept it is not known. This is just like how atheism works. It isn't necessarily the belief in no gods, but rather no belief in one. I do not believe it was demonstrably natural or leak. I don't have a belief.

InVolNerable likes this.
  11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Lol, okay.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

So anyway, it was definitely from butt sex with a monkey.

InVolNerable likes this.
  13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Monkey that was bitten by a vampire.

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Imagine feeling protective over a bureaucratic hack like Fauci? It’s hard to fathom how he survived for generations as a career bureaucrat after botching kinda important stuff like AIDS. But yea, I’m sure he had good reason to want to engineer a media gaslighting ridiculously discrediting the narrative of a lab leak being a possibility.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Botched it. Should have fought Reagan, conservatives love bureaucrats that fight their leaders. Or just waived the magic "disease be gone" wand to end AIDS and Covid. I bet he floats in water, too.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Lol, yea he killed it with AIDS. Spot on, per usual. So much sciencing! Gotta love how Reagan is the sole AIDS boogeyman to revisionist libs/LGBT lefty progressive activists nowadays, but it DEFINITELY was not the fault of #TheExperts within his own govt like Fauci he was relying on that were dishing him horrible, incorrect advice. The NIH experimenting on foster children. The damaging impact Fauci’s public professions had towards legitimizing certain terrible social stigmas and taboos surrounding the disease. But yea man, he totally crushed it with AIDS! Wild observing how career bureaucrats who always represent #TheScience like Fauci are somehow beneath any kind of critiques or condemnation to some out there. iT’s a CoNsErVaTiVe CoNsPiRaCy or something.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  17. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I don’t think it has to be, but I think it is more likely than not. I also believe Fauci is a sketchy, constantly lying piece of shit and this belief is based on mountains of verifiable public information.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You either die a hero, or live long enough to become a villain.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wow, if only you were there to explain all the things they didn't know yet.

20. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

We could have a lengthy conversation about the failures of the AIDS response. They were plentiful and everywhere. In the medical community, by politicians and by the gay community. It was an American tragedy. It was a global tragedy.

NorrisAlan likes this.