COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

80 mill I believe. But this doesn't account for the unreported illegal space terrestrials amongst us.

Per the WHO as of 21 February 2023: 756,581,850 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 6,844,267 deaths, reported to WHO.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think the space terrestrials will probably be okay.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Never know. The ones in War of the Worlds vastly overestimated their natural immunity to Earthness.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I highly doubt a biological pathogen is going to affect non-terrestrial beings. hell, they may not even use DNA/RNA.

Are there even diseases that affect mammals and, say, insects? not carried by insects, but make both humans and insects sick?

5. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If we can hack an alien spaceship with a MacBook, you know it's possible.
    [​IMG]

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Raccoon dogs? What?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Similar to a fox.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

In pop culture, you know the power you get in Super Mario bros 3 where you are in like a fur suit that can fly or turn into a statue? The tanooki/tanuki suit? That's a raccoon dog in japanese. It's like a fox thing but with black bands on the face. Behaviorly/ecologically pretty much a combo of a fox and a raccoon. Can even climb trees, to a degree.

InVolNerable likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I learned something new today.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Damn those lab workers even gave it to Mario creatures at the market.

justingroves likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

It doesn't fit the lab narrative. It doesn't disprove it, but it doesn't fit it.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Honestly, it just seems like interested parties trying to muddy the waters and doesn’t really prove anything.

We know there was spread in the market but wasn’t the epicenter of the outbreak.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

But spread in the market doesn't explain the whole lineage running through raccoon dogs after the market. If lab leak (or strictly one, I am starting to wonder if more than one thing happened), there should be no raccoon dog genetic data in some of those market cases and any case prior.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It was a lab leak. Doubtful it was anything remotely resembling intentional, but still.

justingroves likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why are you sure?

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Because people make mistakes, and it would be very hard to convince me that the lab there was not working with the virus in some capacity. I'm not anywhere near 100% sure or anything. People who are 100% sure of any origin are simply deluded. Given the sensitive nature of the situation, I doubt we will ever know for certain, and that's probably for the best.

Edit: What I mean is we will likely never know whether exposure did originate in a lab, and that's probably for the best. So long as it is only a possibility, it's harder for the Liquor Store Lindseys of the world to beat the war drum.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
  20. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Hell I think plenty of people who might have beat the war drum now know that the blame would fall on Fauci and other Americans involved as much as China.