VolNation Idiots

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 13, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It's going to be quality entertainment when Saban retires/quits/dies.

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

No kidding.

"Oh, Tennessee beat Alabama? I see it as a 50/50 toss up against them."

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

"But Tennessee doesn't matter! They are irrelevant!"

justingroves likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

you can bookmark this: if they lose another regular season game and don't make the SEC championship game, they will turn on him. Not saying he gets fired, but they will treat him like he ruined the program.

PilotFlyingJ and NorrisAlan like this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I cannot [uck fay]ing wait. I hope they go back to the Ray Perkins/Bill Curry/Mike DuBose days. No one is going to want to be the guy following The Guy.

Tar Volon and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This is going to happen. The entire university was restructured around Saban in 2007. There isn't a strongman waiting in the wings to hold it all together.

MaconVol and justingroves like this.
  7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

upload_2022-10-18_10-50-0.png

gcbvol and IP like this.
  8. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It is their birthright to win championships. What else do they have?

9. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

All of a sudden he'll be too old, out of touch, hung on too long. He feels like a mercenary versus "our guy" Bear Bryant. The great run will always be in the books, but there won't be the love for Saban. He is a joyless [Penis].

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He will laugh his ass off into retirement too

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I could see him going to Auburn just in spite, absolutely own them for 3 or 4 years, then call it quits.

zehr27, OneForVol, Memtownvol and 6 others like this.
  12. Equine Ducklings

Equine Ducklings New Member

I enjoy the drama of basketball and love March Madness but of the four major North American sports it’s my least favorite.

I know I’m wrong but it seems like defense is forbidden. I wouldn’t have the temperament to stay composed after getting called for breathing on someone.

I just hope the ball goes in when the Vols/Grizzlies shoot and doesn’t go in when the other guys shoot.

Hockey on the other hand, if I had the size and talent I’d have as much fun as anyone could have without taking his pants off.

10SEvols likes this.
  13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It has already started. I've seen multiple bammers post online through Facebook and Twitter who basically said the game has passed him. It's a trickle now, but if they stumble again, say against Lane and Ol Miss, it's going to turn to a steady stream.

But nah, Tennessee isn't really their rival any more.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My favorite Bama logic is that this win didn't really count or matter because they are "down" this year, but turn around and brag about 15 in a row. If this win didn't count because Bama isn't as good as normal in their opinion, I've got some bad news for them about their 15 in a row.

Memtownvol, gcbvol, Volgrad98 and 3 others like this.
  15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

they’ve forgotten what “down” actually feels like…but soon enough, they’ll have ample opportunity to get reacquainted with that reality.

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Johnny Gaudreau is *listed* at 5'9", 165 and is considered a top 10 forward in the league. Size definitely helps in hockey, but not nearly as important as it used to be.

18. Equine Ducklings

Equine Ducklings New Member

I was gifted a Greg Johnson stick as a kid that now fits me perfectly when flat-footed. On skates I’d need a longer stick even though Johnson was listed at 5’10” and I’m 5’8.5”.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Bru McCoy with the cigar (Invol's avatar) reminds me of Pickens (also #15)

InVolNerable likes this.
  20. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Skimmed through the recruiting forum just to see if there is anything interesting. Then, decided to hop into the FF and see a thread about Peyton being disrespected. I wasn't disappointed. "I would rank Peyton ahead of Jim Brown." (this is coming from a long time poster). Happy Monday.