How long does White last as AD?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 29, 2021.

?

How long?

1. 2 years or less

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. 2 to 4 years

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. 4 to 7 years

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. 7 years or more

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Thompson-Boling Arena at Food City Center is not nearly as shitty as "Kroger Field" though. Just "Kroger Field."

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

That’s true but it’s also Kentucky football. I would like to think our basketball program is more prestigious than their football program. Maybe not.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It’s always pissed me off to be honest as some of these companies pay a sho ton to put their name on a stadium as a lot of their customers or patients out there are getting [uck fay]ed over by them, or med claims denied, or like the Traverlers bullshit umbrella golf sponsorship, yet if you have them out to your home 3 times in a year to advise on damage, even if you don’t use insurance to fix, they will cancel you. Just happened to me recently. I guess I shouldn’t have asked them but I didn’t know. Had basement leak and asked for advice, which means “file a claim”. Even though we didn’t continue with the claim, it counts against you. Got my roof repaired. First paid claim in 30 years of owing a home and they dropped me immediately

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't wear glasses.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

I don’t like it either, just like I don’t like the DH, targeting, or the forward pass. But it’s just life in 2023 and I guess I can’t blame them if someone is willing to pay it.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Preach.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

How dare you take money out of that parasitic relationship. It is supposed to be a one way money funnel. Have you no shame?

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Insurance is one of the biggest scams ever invented.

Memtownvol and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  10. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

If the insurance company comes out it’s a claim. Sorry that happened to you but it isn’t Travelers fault. It is your agent’s fault. I have sold policies with all the big names and it is 100% the same. You were dropped for 2 losses and they all do it. 0 pays count. Should have asked me. I always advise having a contractor estimate cost and cause.

I could elaborate on claims frequency but this is a sports board

11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Our agent has always advised having a contractor look at it 1st for the reasons you mentioned. He always has 2 or 3 names to choose from, who will come out and give a no cost estimate. Then I can decide what I want to do to avoid the 3x your out.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Right below diamond engagement rings.

13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

And expensive weddings

14. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Meh, bad take imo

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's a necessary evil

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

It’s another one of those things in which the concept is fine until some greedy mofos get their tentacles in it

utvol0427, SetVol13, The Dooz and 4 others like this.
  17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yes, at the end of the day, still gotta have it.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

well I am interested in whatever you have to say on the matter.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm not particularly fond of laws that force me to purchase it or anything for that matter. I particularly liked how my auto insurance doubled within a year after that law went into effect.

20. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

First off, this is about Home/Auto Insurance. Actuaries use every piece of data they can get to try to attach probabilities of a loss/claim. This can be age, credit, marital status, zip code, length of ownership…you name it. Their job is to try to use data to predict claims and allow the insurance carrier to either adjust premiums or avoid a risk altogether. People with the statistically lowest chance of a loss pay the least and vice versa.

Now one of the predictors is loss frequency. In my state, it is a statistical data point that the average homeowner files a claim 1 time every 9 years. Usually it’s hail. But if you take every insured that has filed at least 2 claims, the average jumps to 4. So for an insurance carrier, they see dropping you after 2 losses as saving them 2 losses. And filing a 0 pay claim can also have the appearance of looking for ways to get money out of your coverage when no legitimate loss has occurred. The cops will fine you for too many false alarms…kind of same logic.

Feel free to question but that’s how it is

IP likes this.