Vandy Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

why u saying this?

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He got 1.5 drives w/ scrubs and trash play calls. Heupel could have showcased him and passed. Wouldn’t even let him finish the final drive

3. Ssmiff

Nobody that matters or cares or is making a college decision based on Nico to Nimrod in q4 vs Vandy.
    And he let a kid come in who went thru senior day. Moore is moving on.
    Nothing with Nico this year has been a surprise to him or his family.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He should have been playing all year

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The family stuff isn’t true. Heupel said several times before the season that he wasn’t redshirting. Hubbs is baffled

KyleAlexanderfan likes this.
  6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Heupel's judgment is extremely suspect.

KyleAlexanderfan and TDVol1989 like this.
  7. Ssmiff

you wanting to play Nico first 4 games behind Ollie and Dayne at center makes zero sense.

Tar Volon likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

you are wrong. They knew this was Milton’s team and Nico was here to get bigger and learn then take over. Nico himself said it.

emainvol likes this.
  9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

100%. The family knew he was not going to play much this year. That is fact.

emainvol likes this.
  10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Hubbs was on the radio Tuesday and said it was never the plan to redshirt him and he didn’t know where that rumor came from. Saying it is Joe’s team is fine for about 2.5 games until it is clear that he sucks. Nico having to watch that nonsense all year is an insult. Hubbs also implied that he disagreed with the decision. He said there were lots of times where it made a lot of football sense to give Nico the reigns. Maybe you don’t like or trust Hubbs. I tend to.

11. Ssmiff

It’s a huge jump from HS to college especially at qb. Look at the top 5 qbs in Nicos class. A couple didn’t even get to 4 games. One mop up only in 4 games. One at UCLA started the season but then got benched.
    Are we better than 8-4 with Nico? Not with this defense.

Tar Volon likes this.
  12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Me wanting to play a QB almost as mobile as Hooker makes no sense?

13. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

At least more. I highly doubt Nico stays in college his senior year and he virtually guaranteed to start next year. Why not get more preparation?

A-Smith likes this.
  14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

There were clearly more opportunities to get Nico more reps even if you are not arguing he should have started.

15. Ssmiff

yes playing a true freshman at night in the Swamp behind Ollie makes no sense to me. Milton didn’t lose that game.

16. Ssmiff

Sure. And also thinking if our defense got off the field more we would have seen a little more. Same for Sampson.

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

You're going to have to play him eventually and there were amble opportunities to play him this year.

18. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Sampson was done dirty. They took away his carries to give Small more today just because its senior day? Lol.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

To me Joe Milton will forever be the guy who ran out of bounds against Ole Miss after his teammates played as hard as I’ve ever seen a team play for 4 hours. I don’t get the loyalty

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What are you basing this on? I may be forgetting some stuff, but I know he had a terrible interception in the 2nd quarter after UF had scored to take the lead. It gave them all the momentum. About 100 yards and 1 of his TD came with less than 10 minutes to go in the game when we were already down 3 scores and UF was playing soft and keeping everything in front of them.