Vandy Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 20, 2023.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think we go 10-2 next year. And then compete for the NC in 2025. Nico goes #1 in the 26 draft.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You have my interest. Can I subscribe to your newsletter?

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You pair Heupel with a QB with a very high ceiling (not a mirage like Milton’s) and the result is explosive. I really believe this.

justingroves likes this.
  4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This is going to play a big part. Players have to have confidence in the scheme and their coaching.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's been proven at Mizzou, Utah State, UCF and here

hohenfelsvol and A-Smith like this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Beasley should be in that role but he's been banged up too. Jeremy Banks, for all his faults, was pretty important last year

SetVol13 likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The 2024 ceiling gets raised by retaining whoever we can from the senior OL. I know they were not great this year but we need bodies and experience. There is not a lot of people better in the portal. Everyone wants OL.

8. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Besides Squirrel and maybe Thornton, what other dynamic playmakers will we have at WR?

9. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

There are a ton of Fr, RFr, Soph bodies on the roster. I'd hope a couple of those will emerge by next year.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ethan Davis is going to alright at TE and Leacock is a big bodied receiver

11. NorrisAlan

I bet with a decent passer our WRs will suddenly become "good".

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

A few of these WRs have been playing before their time too. I’m not too worried about those guys

Tar Volon and Memtownvol like this.
  13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If Heupel would have showcased Nico this year they would be lining up. The right QB can make it work. I actually don't really think Squirrel is worse than Hyatt. Milton is just that bad.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Hard to judge wideouts this year.

in this offense you’re always going to have some throwaway possessions but we’ve had some throwaway halves.

I do think Heupel should have went more bunch heavier sets and run heavy this year to play to this teams strength.

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Mike Matthews is going to be a stud. I know he's not on campus, yet, but he'll be a player. I have to wonder if they work Boo Carter into the offense, as well.

16. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Yep. Dude isn't scared of contact and I can see him abusing some DBs.(probably get called for a penalty) He's the guy that Nico can just throw to a spot and he'll go get it.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

These smaller backs -esp Sampson- run as good with the field spread

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It kind of baffles me how little the TEs have gotten involved this season. Maybe they’re just not very good, but I expected more

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Honestly if I’m a TE or DB I don’t consider TN with current coaching and plan.

20. NorrisAlan

I think it is because they didn't trust Milton to throw between the hashes at all.

Tar Volon and Volsdude like this.