Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Ohio state and Alabama was the only teams that could stay on the field talent wise with Georgia last year.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Mason is off the board for dream DC next year. Got the MTSU job.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

never wanted him, honestly.

1) Vanderbilt changes a man. The losing is so excessive, you begin to get comfortable with it.

2) any man that would let Butch Jones squeeze up on him from behind like that…not my kinda guy

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If you think it's not, you're naive

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I applaud the effort. But damn I don't give enough shits about the ordeal to read it

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Solid points

7. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Vandagriff to the kats. Please suck

8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Bronco Mendenhall to New Mexico is, interesting.

9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I think, other than the years at VA and 1 at La. Tech he played and coached in that part of country. Guess I'll fahr up the Google machine.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Hypothetical, let's say it was ND that went undefeated and didn't win a conference championship (because they don't play in one). Would they have been left out like FSU?

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I doubt it. They would have been lauded for winning with a 3rd string QB.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Hypothetically speaking, would ND's schedule be stronger than a schedule that included LSU and 11 G5 caliber teams like FSU's this year?

13. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt it. I think for this hypothetical any premier brand that’s good for TV would have been in.

IP likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I believe any team who loses their Heisman level qb and looks like fsu did at qb the next 2 games gets the same treatment. Former players and coaches are on the panel and all agreed in this case it was a huge factor. “Not the same team” was the theme, and they are right. FSU did all they could; except not look bad at qb in front of all eyes watching.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Seriously, when did FSU stop being a premier TV brand? Is this 1979?

IP likes this.
  16. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Don’t assume football success historically carries forever. Kind of in the middle of nowhere. Small alumni base compared to other premier programs. Also they aren’t new money from a historical sense, they are no money. Pretty much just flat poor. Bobby Bowden masked a lot of that.

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

It took a while but the move to the ACC diminished a lot of what they had going for them in football.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They basically played the same schedule.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Then, hypothetically speaking, ND could watch the playoff from home where they belong just like FSU.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Since we are discussing FSU and ND, we're FSU fans as upset as they are right now on ND's behalf in '93?